Hands down the best part of going on business trips

One thing i miss is sleeping for 8hours without interruption. Last time it happened was 8 years ago

i dont sleep. i nap twice a day. 4 hr / 2 hr! id say i avg 5.5 hrs!

There was a period of time a few years ago when I doing the consultant Sun-Thu life. I liked it at first but then you get tired of eating in restaurants, deciding where to go, etc. Wound up gaining some weight from the eating, drinking, being almost completely sedentary besides the walk from the office to the hotel. Love hotel beds though.

In later roles the best part of work trips became not being in the office around my annoying colleagues.

I don’t know if I’m staying in shitty hotels or your home bed is wack – but I don’t think I’ve ever slept in a hotel bed I thought provided a better rest.

i’ve been on company dime for the past month and i can second the comment about eating out getting boring. I find myself now opting out of social events, grabbing a salad and eating in my hotel room. I second nery’s comment, it gets very lonely and i probably contribute to that given my post work --> gym --> food to go --> work -->facetime and sleep. I am glady removing myself from this lifestyle in favor of paying for my own food but being with my family.

A few years ago the company changed policies and we have to travel economy, no business class except long haul. I do most of my travel in and out of Asia Pacific and flying economy between emerging markets can add a lot of wear and tear on the body…and sometimes just be soul crushing. Of course at some level it’s all a high class problem, I have definitely enjoyed being able to see a lot of different places, meet a variety of people, and try all kinds of different foods. Pro tip – if you have the flexibility to build into your trips a little time for yourself at the end of the trip to do some sightseeing, catch some local arts, or just people watching from a bar or coffee shop, you come home in a much better mood and feel less tired.

One of the good things about my job–I get to travel 2-3 times a year on company dime. So I can “enjoy” fancy restaurants & hotels.

When I worked in internal audit, we traveled about twice a month, and it started to get old pretty quick. Good thing I only did that for six months.

Don’t get me started on ridiculous company policies. I need to go economy to fly 6.5 hours to the west coast even though it’s not that much more but can go business transatlantic (7 hrs) even though it’s 5+ times as much as economy. They also will chuck money at hotels, I really don’t need to stay at the Intercon.

Good tip on the spending some time there at the end. That’s really the only way you can keep it from crushing your soul, there needs to be something in it for you. I suppose, like anything, it comes down to balance. Don’t be a martyr for the cause and don’t be a bourgeois twat

Hard to believe given my upstanding character on here but I have the story to top them all, unfortunately can’t share due to privacy.

Plz share tank

guys which is better?

materialisticly rich but stupid, or smart but poor?

mate, you can’t be all like ‘ive got a great story but i can’t tell’ spill the beans.

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE!!! CHANGE NAMES TO PROTECT THE NOT-SO-INNOCENT!!!

Why don’t you drop in at bjj gyms?

Smartphones make the travel lifestyle fun for me. Meetup for the win. I don’t travel anymore but I used to do 150 days a year in hotels If I was married with kids, probably wouldn’t have been as fun