Happy Holidays! What's on Your AnalystForum Wish List?

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kkent Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > >but I’m not sure exactly what can be done > about > > that. < > > > > WSO was suffering from much of the same problem > > and hired several retired industry veterans to > get > > the discussion going. It’s attracted higher > > quality people to the forum and the result is > > higher quality topics and discussions from > users > > who are actually in the field. I understand > > analystforum has a pretty specific > target–persons > > taking the CFA exam–but unless the forum > evolves, > > it will continue to be a mediocre forum. > However, > > if the goal is for this to remain a place where > > people simply come for help on the CFA exam, > then > > the forum meets its goal. But if the purpose of > > the site is to grow and be a place for > intelligent > > discussion of the financial industry, then, > as-is, > > this place is dying and in a year will be merely > a > > shell. There is fierce competition out there > right > > now–adapt or die. > > > I think hiring some people to be stimulators or > commentators/facilitators of discussion can help. > But I didn’t think this was a realistic option. > If it actually is, I would certainly be behind it. I’m not sure how this site works–is it for-profit, non-profit? If it’s for-profit, is it just a site created as a hobby that the creator is just passionate about that doesn’t really earn much money? Is there any desire of the site admin to expand beyond CFA exam ads and expand the revenue base? These questions come into play when talking about improvement. If this is a not-for-profit or low-profit hobby entity meant to serve a specific purpose (CFA exam help), then it’s fine as-is.

im heading over to wallstreet oasis too kkent, we need more right wingers up in here

Just a random sample of some forum quotes from WallStreetOasis - looking at ONE topic from the FIRST page: “Liberal despise those who are self-made. They believe in government handouts and affirmative action.” “Just say you are black and if they give you shit sue them saying you are a fraction black or something.” " Liberals only care about minorities if they’re black or latino. Asians get screwed over in this country, easily the most victimized group out there. “I used to be the person who generally disregarded stereotypes, but then I worked as a bartender…Not only do ethnic groups have their unique drink choices, but Jews are indeed cheap. I’m not saying it as an insult, more of a cultural fact. You have no idea how many Jewish weddings I worked where I got paid almost nothing. There was once wedding 350 Jews, 4 bartenders, 6 hours of work, one bartender made $3 in tips…that was IT.” “So as a white European… would I benefit from these changes in policy as they try to increase the number of foreign students or would me, not being part of any minority negatively overcompensate that??” Sounds more like Stormfront…I guess there is no moderator out there. Have fun out in WSO…just try and keep the slurs to a minimum.

Re: Level 2 Prep Provider Posted by: Lloyd Christmas (IP Logged) Date: December 9, 2010 06:09PM the problem lies within AF itself…(i’m not knocking AF here) AF really needs to have more sections within each forum, ie: 1) A section for discussion questions about the exam (for idiots that don’t know what calculator they need) 2) A section for questions about prep providers (so the mitchells of the world can post about finquiz all day long) 3) A section for questions about specific EOCS (so the Robert As and the sungirl27s of the world can actually use this forum for what it is supposed to be used for) 4) A general section about questions relating to the CFAI (so the BruinBankers of the world can ask us if we think that the CFAI will allow him to register, because that’s what we are all here for afterall) 5) A section to report ethics violations (so we can report the BruinBankers of the world) 6) A rant/rave section (so the NYCGorillas of the world can continue to do what they do best) 7) well you get the drift If AF had these sections, then these threads/questions probably wouldn’t be necessary because it would be easier to find your questions before you even ask them. that’s my 2 cents at least. FYI - I would have put this post in the 8) Comments/Suggestions section if there was one. Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 06:12PM by Lloyd Christmas.

One way to clean the general forum would be to kick out all the failures who have failed one or more levels and gave up on obtaining their Charter ( Yes you in the corner, don’t hide, I’m talking to you :)) … Plus, requiring the CFA charter to post in the general forum would be an extra incentive for passing the tests.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > One way to clean the general forum would be to > kick out all the failures who have failed one or > more levels and gave up on obtaining their Charter > ( Yes you in the corner, don’t hide, I’m talking > to you :)) … > > Plus, requiring the CFA charter to post in the > general forum would be an extra incentive for > passing the tests. I would disagree with this. Maybe I am biased because I dont have the charter (havent failed yet either though), but I think restricting the general forum would be counter productive. I think that would push candidates more to other sites where they could have more contact with charterholders. If you would restrice anything, restrict the different level forums. For instance, if you wanted to post in the level 2 forum, you would have to be a level 2 candidate or higher. Either way, that would be a lot of work to do that and would require giving personal information to the site, not to mention the fact that no one can prove candidacy in a certain level since the CFAI wont verify that.

CFAcountry Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > One way to clean the general forum would be to > > kick out all the failures who have failed one > or > > more levels and gave up on obtaining their > Charter > > ( Yes you in the corner, don’t hide, I’m > talking > > to you :)) … > > > > Plus, requiring the CFA charter to post in the > > general forum would be an extra incentive for > > passing the tests. > > > I would disagree with this. Maybe I am biased > because I dont have the charter (havent failed yet > either though), but I think restricting the > general forum would be counter productive. I think > that would push candidates more to other sites > where they could have more contact with > charterholders. If you would restrice anything, > restrict the different level forums. For instance, > if you wanted to post in the level 2 forum, you > would have to be a level 2 candidate or higher. > > Either way, that would be a lot of work to do that > and would require giving personal information to > the site, not to mention the fact that no one can > prove candidacy in a certain level since the CFAI > wont verify that. I was joking. I am targeting two or three guys by this post, they know themselves, they’re old-timers ( just as a reminder to stay quiet and lay low before I move on to second gear).

marcus, are you joking? You took a bunch of quotes from one thread. There’s also a thread that discusses don’t ask, don’t tell where virtually everyone agrees with the repeal. One of the 3 main guys lives in France and is a moderate at best, one is a libertarian who lives in the U.S. and the other has given up on America and lives in Argentina. The point isn’t to bash one site or the other–it’s to show that some sites are evolving and just blowing up (in the good way), while others (AF) are dying. You are actually one of the most toxic people on this forum. I’m not sure you have any relevant experience at all and you contributed zero to this forum. You and several others use it as a place to go on political rants–ALL THE TIME. You’ve turned this forum into sludge. I’m not even joking–it’s run off a lot of people. If Chad were smart, he’d have banned you 6 months ago.

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus, are you joking? You took a bunch of quotes > from one thread. There’s also a thread that > discusses don’t ask, don’t tell where virtually > everyone agrees with the repeal. One of the 3 main > guys lives in France and is a moderate at best, > one is a libertarian who lives in the U.S. and the > other has given up on America and lives in > Argentina. The point isn’t to bash one site or the > other–it’s to show that some sites are evolving > and just blowing up (in the good way), while > others (AF) are dying. > > You are actually one of the most toxic people on > this forum. I’m not sure you have any relevant > experience at all and you contributed zero to this > forum. You and several others use it as a place to > go on political rants–ALL THE TIME. You’ve turned > this forum into sludge. I’m not even joking–it’s > run off a lot of people. If Chad were smart, he’d > have banned you 6 months ago. Thanks for the compliments. Didn’t know I had that much influence to run-off people. Pot meet kettle.

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus, are you joking? You took a bunch of quotes > from one thread. There’s also a thread that > discusses don’t ask, don’t tell where virtually > everyone agrees with the repeal. One of the 3 main > guys lives in France and is a moderate at best, > one is a libertarian who lives in the U.S. and the > other has given up on America and lives in > Argentina. The point isn’t to bash one site or the > other–it’s to show that some sites are evolving > and just blowing up (in the good way), while > others (AF) are dying. > > You are actually one of the most toxic people on > this forum. I’m not sure you have any relevant > experience at all and you contributed zero to this > forum. You and several others use it as a place to > go on political rants–ALL THE TIME. You’ve turned > this forum into sludge. I’m not even joking–it’s > run off a lot of people. If Chad were smart, he’d > have banned you 6 months ago. Still not sure what do you do now that qualifies you to post on this forum? 1 - You’re a L1 drop-out, 2 - You’re a full time Real estate agent. 3 - you’ve got nothing of value to add related to the CFA exam or finance in general ( Except maybe your own admission that you’re not smart enough to work in this field). Maybe it’s your 2.5 GPA for the garbage degree you have?

I agree with many of the suggestions previously posted (linking especially); embedding images would be nice too. A section specifically for political topics would be a help. We shouldn’t eliminate all political discussion, but it is a mess.

What’re you talking about? I can’t think of a single thread in the last 24 months that I’ve started that’s political. I’ve hardly posted here since July anyway.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kkent Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > marcus, are you joking? You took a bunch of > quotes > > from one thread. There’s also a thread that > > discusses don’t ask, don’t tell where virtually > > everyone agrees with the repeal. One of the 3 > main > > guys lives in France and is a moderate at best, > > one is a libertarian who lives in the U.S. and > the > > other has given up on America and lives in > > Argentina. The point isn’t to bash one site or > the > > other–it’s to show that some sites are > evolving > > and just blowing up (in the good way), while > > others (AF) are dying. > > > > You are actually one of the most toxic people > on > > this forum. I’m not sure you have any relevant > > experience at all and you contributed zero to > this > > forum. You and several others use it as a place > to > > go on political rants–ALL THE TIME. You’ve > turned > > this forum into sludge. I’m not even > joking–it’s > > run off a lot of people. If Chad were smart, > he’d > > have banned you 6 months ago. > > Still not sure what do you do now that qualifies > you to post on this forum? > > 1 - You’re a L1 drop-out, > 2 - You’re a full time Real estate agent. > 3 - you’ve got nothing of value to add related to > the CFA exam or finance in general ( Except maybe > your own admission that you’re not smart enough to > work in this field). > > Maybe it’s your 2.5 GPA for the garbage degree > you have? Hmm, well, let’s see–I have a degree in finance. I work in CRE FINANCE (I’m not an agent nor do I have a real estate license). I worked at Freddie Mac in its elite multifamily division in the fall of 2008 during the collapse. I have actually sat for and past one of the levels of the CFA exam (although I quit because the CFA is not useful in commercial real estate as CRE doesn’t qualify as securities analysis). I currently work at the largest bank in the world in CRE finance. I’ve also had a brief–although failed–stint at a top investment bank. I’m certainly not a genius and am no JDV or numi–and in fact I’ve Fed up a lot–but I at least don’t f*ck up the board with constant political threads that are totally irrelevant. Care to share your resume?

If it hasn’t already been mentioned, analyst forum for iPhone would be nice.

kkkent be careful you are violating TOS by fighting with the other members. Its you who may end up being banned. Why don’t we all stop fighting and enjoy the holidays? Tis the season to be jolly!

nm

CFAcountry Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > One way to clean the general forum would be to > > kick out all the failures who have failed one > or > > more levels and gave up on obtaining their > Charter > > ( Yes you in the corner, don’t hide, I’m > talking > > to you :)) … > > > > Plus, requiring the CFA charter to post in the > > general forum would be an extra incentive for > > passing the tests. > > > I would disagree with this. Maybe I am biased > because I dont have the charter (havent failed yet > either though), but I think restricting the > general forum would be counter productive. I think > that would push candidates more to other sites > where they could have more contact with > charterholders. If you would restrice anything, > restrict the different level forums. For instance, > if you wanted to post in the level 2 forum, you > would have to be a level 2 candidate or higher. > > Either way, that would be a lot of work to do that > and would require giving personal information to > the site, not to mention the fact that no one can > prove candidacy in a certain level since the CFAI > wont verify that. a major problem with this forum is that nobody can detect sarcasm anymore. but i agree that only those who go 3/3 should be AFers.

I would suggest a way to see the number of views for each thread. In addition, a recommend/ thumbsup-down feature would be nice…both would help people focus on popular topics and interesting posts and filter out the rest.

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > kkent Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > marcus, are you joking? You took a bunch of > > quotes > > > from one thread. There’s also a thread that > > > discusses don’t ask, don’t tell where > virtually > > > everyone agrees with the repeal. One of the 3 > > main > > > guys lives in France and is a moderate at > best, > > > one is a libertarian who lives in the U.S. > and > > the > > > other has given up on America and lives in > > > Argentina. The point isn’t to bash one site > or > > the > > > other–it’s to show that some sites are > > evolving > > > and just blowing up (in the good way), while > > > others (AF) are dying. > > > > > > You are actually one of the most toxic people > > on > > > this forum. I’m not sure you have any > relevant > > > experience at all and you contributed zero to > > this > > > forum. You and several others use it as a > place > > to > > > go on political rants–ALL THE TIME. You’ve > > turned > > > this forum into sludge. I’m not even > > joking–it’s > > > run off a lot of people. If Chad were smart, > > he’d > > > have banned you 6 months ago. > > > > Still not sure what do you do now that > qualifies > > you to post on this forum? > > > > 1 - You’re a L1 drop-out, > > 2 - You’re a full time Real estate agent. > > 3 - you’ve got nothing of value to add related > to > > the CFA exam or finance in general ( Except > maybe > > your own admission that you’re not smart enough > to > > work in this field). > > > > Maybe it’s your 2.5 GPA for the garbage degree > > you have? > > > Hmm, well, let’s see–I have a degree in finance. > I work in CRE FINANCE (I’m not an agent nor do I > have a real estate license). I worked at Freddie > Mac in its elite multifamily division in the fall > of 2008 during the collapse. I have actually sat > for and past one of the levels of the CFA exam > (although I quit because the CFA is not useful in > commercial real estate as CRE doesn’t qualify as > securities analysis). I currently work at the > largest bank in the world in CRE finance. I’ve > also had a brief–although failed–stint at a top > investment bank. > > I’m certainly not a genius and am no JDV or > numi–and in fact I’ve Fed up a lot–but I at > least don’t f*ck up the board with constant > political threads that are totally irrelevant. > > Care to share your resume? It’s your luck day, I’ve got nothing better to do today: 1 - Grouping JDV with Numi in one sentence reflects your ignorance with anything related to the CFA program. One of them is a CFA Forum and Exam legend while the other gave up after failing L2. Maybe in life Numi is a nice guy, but as far as the CFA Exam is concerned, he does not get the same respect as anyone who has completed all 3 levels. 2 - You found your RE job after passing L1. You did not give up the CFA because it wasn’t useful but because you could not do it (based on your own admission at the time " I’m too stupid to work in finance" ) 3 - You started your career as a cubicle worker pushing paper somewhere in DC ( A job you got via your dad’s connections - or maybe it was your last name). Later you moved to FRE or FNM getting paid with my taxpayer money. At the same time, you couldn’t stop complaining about government spending and bailing out FRE and FNM. 4 - You have a degree in Finance from an Engineering school with a 2.5 GPA. Do you feel good about your prospects ? I could go on an on, but seriously, pass L2 first then come back posting here. Maybe then I’ll show you some respect, but as long as you come here as a RE agent whose biggest accomplishment in life was passing L1, you’ll get bitch slapped every time you open your mouth.

^ pwned.