Have done no work, can I still pass CFA Level 1?

Thanks guys, at least I have learnt the need to have good organisation skills. 1 more week and I probably would have passed. Going to start studying this weekend and 100% understand everything I have learnt and connect it with other subjects.

Do you think having L1 refreshed in my head for December and really understanding it will help greatly with L2? Or are they pretty dissimilar…i.e does it build UPON L1?

Cheers

Depend on areas. Same Ethical Standards in Level 2 + some additional material. Having good understanding of Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives and Portfolio Management in Level 1 will help you a lot in Level 2. However, as far as I remember there was little overlap between Level 1 & Level 2 in FSA, Alternative Inv., Quantitative Methods, Corp. Finance and Economics (that’s how I remember it at least, passed L2 in 2010). Irrespective of the overlap in materials b/w diff levels, I would suggest you to understand and practice, each and every concept thoroughly. Strong basics will help you in job interviews as well.