Have people started already?

I feel the exact same way. This stuff is much closer to what I do each day, which makes it way more interesting. So glad there is no more accounting.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I feel the exact same way. This stuff is much > closer to what I do each day, which makes it way > more interesting. > > So glad there is no more accounting. Agreed. I’m loving Capital Market Expectation session …

I’m wrapping up Greenspan’s “The age of turbulence” I learned a TON. Helped add real world global economic understanding, as up to this point I’ve been strictly academic. Probably less beneficial to you guys with more real world understanding and a better grasp of what’s going on.

to be honest, i’ve lost that desire to complete the curriculum. i’ll still do it, since i’m 2/3 of the way there and the l3 material is reasonably interesting, but i’m way more concerned with getting into b-school at the moment.

I’m done with book 1 (ethics was the usual snore-fest, but at least this time it was a bit better), and about half through book 2. I had a lot of work related stuff, but that’s now eased up. I should have book 2 done by end of October. The goal’s to have all CFAI material done by the end of the year (or at least by end of January at the latest). Then I’ll use Schweser for review for the second read-through.

i am crawling through book 2 and nothing is sticking…wondering whether i am doing some thing wrong. I am unlikely do schweser and I need to run through the stuff as quickly as possible so I can have a second run through… what could I be doing wrong?

I can’t get myself to really get started… will do some light reading at nights this week. See if I can finish book 2 before the end of the month.

Thinking of doing a quick scan through the schweser video cds over the next month or two in an effort to get familiar with the material. Then Id like to relax and not do anything around the holidays, and then actually start studying in Jan.

You already have the video cd’s?

I have started with book 2 of Schweser and will read ethics and GIPS (i.e., book 1) closer to the end of December. I am currently on page 24 of book 2 so I pretty much just started. I have calculated that if you were to finish reading every single page of Schweser (including concept checkers, questions, and summaries) by December 31, 2008 starting today, you will have to read approximately 17.5 pages per day. Someone can confirm my calculation if one so desires. Just offering a little help :).

I got a set of last years from a friend. It dosnt look like too much material changed.

I’m going to get back on the stick this weekend. I think I started reading CFAI material about two or three weeks ago, but since then I’ve been getting absolutely crushed at work (it’s a new job, so I’m climbing a steep learning curve too). Of course, I said I’d read through all of CFAI material in the Fall last year too and never quite got there… oh well.

I’ve begun a quick read-through to get an idea of what the topics are and areas that might be difficult a few weeks ago. Got through book 1 so far and just started on book 2. Already I think I’m gonna have problem confusing CFA code of ethic and asset manager code of ethic…

i think SS 4 is very diffficult…all that taxation issues are going above my head…private wealth management is i think the toughest topic in L3.

I started in December of 2007