Here Comes the Stock Research Shake-Up

100% serious, I don’t b.s. about job stuff on here. That was the reply I got after I spent a week preparing 2 investment ideas for them, one in my sector and one outside (2 full models and 2 2-3 page summaries) and pitching it to them. Very small non-NYC based fund, you probably haven’t heard of them.

wow that is ridiculous. Did they tell about the pay issue beforehand?

Can’t believe they are managing institutional money and expect to operate at minimal costs. They probably ask you to use google finance for research related and seekingalpha for up to date news

No pay was talked about beforehand but one of the associate there told me how much he was making (definitely below market with his resume, which was much better than mine).

Funny that you mention free tools and research. I met the associate at a conference and he convinced me to help their firm get on our bank’s research distribution list. Said their firm was very young and while they can’t pay now, they will be able to latter (never heard that before in my life but I told that to a sales and trading guy and they got put on the list). After I got laid off, I gave them a call, which lead to the interview.