Here we go again! Yes I registered ... (update)

Why didn’t you like Fitch ?

Good luck N. VanCandidate!! Love using the fail as motivate. Keep grinding man, you got this

Good luck! Third time taker here, band 9 in 2016 and band 4 last year. Passed comfortably this year with staying strictly to CFAI textbooks.

A lot of comments saying stay strictly to cfai books… not something I was going to do but starting to consider it now… although the waffle puts me off

I am starting to get confused if it’s better to stay on cfai books or something like LevelUp. really don’t know what to do.

Don’t give up! You are almost there. I fail level III 3 times and finally passed this year. Next year will be your turn:) I highly recommend watching VDO at Keplan Schwesor. David is an amazing instructor.

I passed level 2 this year using CFAI and Schweser notes and had decided early on to focus solely on CFAI material for Level 3. However, I did end up buying the LevelUp videos and Bootcamp since the videos Marc does focus on the CFAI texts. I loved Schweser for levels 1 and 2 but I’m not as confident that it’s for me for Level 3 given the AM section.

I’ll be here supporting you bud. You can do this man. It’s just a test. A dumb test at that :slight_smile:

Thought I bump this specially as a motivation for those who did not make the cut this year!

Yes I finally passed… i put in the most amount of work than I have for any other one single thing in my life…and it paid off! I am still in disbelief and keep checking the email, website and CFA directory lol.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement guys.

Congrats to all passers and none passers as writing the test alone is an accomplishment. For none passers don’t give up, put in the work and you will get it.

NVC

Good job man. As a first time passer it’s inspiring to see people with the mental fortitude to do it all over again and succeed

Thank you for sharing your experience. My case so much resonate with yours.

If I may ask, did you refer CFAI material or vendor’s and also was it self study or a vendor course as well?

Thank you!

my hat’s off to you good sir.

Love it! Congratulations, well earned!!

see below

I used a combo …

1. CFA Curriculum - nothing replaces the reading of text…specially White text Samples,Blue Book Examples and EOC Q.s. There was nothing on the exam I had not seen in the curriculum. Use the curriculum for initial reading and make your own notes. Then go over White Text Examples, BB, and EOC again.

2. CFAI Topic Tests online: I probably did these 3 times; once while studying to hammer home the concepts right after each study session readings then once in review and finally in last month as a test of my knowledge. It is not just about doing these but learning form your mistakes… when you answer wrong go back and read the concepts and make sure to get a good grasp on them.

3. THE GAME CHANGER FOR ME ; Weekly Vancouver Class in person with Daren Miller form Financial Talent Exchange and one Week in class Review course with DM again in Calgary. I got the readings done before every class and was ready to use it as a review of big concepts. The review course was early in may which left me 6 weeks of revision and review on my own along with mocks…this is where everything came together.

4. Mock and Sample Exams and past CFAI Morning Exams by section and under timed conditions once closer to exam; learn from your mistakes on these early on then re do the same one a few months later. Don’t wait to do AM sample questions in the last month start doing them as you start studying each section. Then in final 6 weeks do practice AM exams under timed condition.

3rd party providers: I had Schweser notes from last year given I had pass guarantee and got them for free but I only used them for supplement of above 4 where I thought I want to get additional review. Their slide book for weekly classes were decent but the instructors were terrible, they simply read off the slides … so if you get a copy of the slides perhaps you can just use them for review…my friends I studies with used Mar L. and really enjoyed it but I can not comment as I did not.

Basically use the curriculum as that is what you get tested on but for exam strategy find a good provider who uses the curriculum as their base and can teach you how to tackle the morning.

Hope this helps. one thing is for sure there is no shortcuts to this thing… it is hard work and commitment 100% to get through, I decided I am committing myself to the cause once and for all… I had extra motivation with new born coming soon so was not going to repeat this again…

Good luck and go get em…

Good job on going strong at it again after swallowing a loss - I failed level 2 and I remember still putting a smile on my face (failure does build character and what dont kill you make you stronger). On the flipside tho, I passed level 3 this year and now that I’m done with this it feels kinda weird still… lol gonna miss this grind in weird ways! Gonna miss being out here on this forum - its been a journey.

Made a 70 on the PM and like a 40 on the AM first time I took Level 3. I will be using solely CFA text and MM/Konvexity tests.

I took all CFA tests from 2011-2019, 8 Schweser practice tests and it still was not enough. So I need more practice tests. I marginally failed as well.

Schweser does great for Item Set, but sucks for essay. It’s true and I was a nonbeliever as Schweser+CFA was enough in 1 and 2.

congratulation bud

Thank you very much for your guidance!