Here's to the spouses and kiddo's

mdsds Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agree. My wife was a trooper for months. For > months, I came home from work at 6:30pm to a hot > dinner, played with the kids (baby and toddler) > for 10 minutes, and then went to study by 7pm for > the rest of the night. She fed, bathed, and put > both young ones to bed. Any parent knows how hard > that is to do by yourself. Then I was out of the > house studying for most of the day each Sat and > Sun. By being both the mom and the dad for months, > she allowed me to study for Level I, and cried her > eyes out when I passed. Wait, so does your wife know that there are two significantly more difficult levels to go?

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mdsds Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Agree. My wife was a trooper for months. For > > months, I came home from work at 6:30pm to a > hot > > dinner, played with the kids (baby and toddler) > > for 10 minutes, and then went to study by 7pm > for > > the rest of the night. She fed, bathed, and put > > both young ones to bed. Any parent knows how > hard > > that is to do by yourself. Then I was out of > the > > house studying for most of the day each Sat and > > Sun. By being both the mom and the dad for > months, > > she allowed me to study for Level I, and cried > her > > eyes out when I passed. > > Wait, so does your wife know that there are two > significantly more difficult levels to go? No worries i told her and she was game :stuck_out_tongue:

mdsds Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agree. My wife was a trooper for months. For > months, I came home from work at 6:30pm to a hot > dinner, played with the kids (baby and toddler) > for 10 minutes, and then went to study by 7pm for > the rest of the night. She fed, bathed, and put > both young ones to bed. Any parent knows how hard > that is to do by yourself. Then I was out of the > house studying for most of the day each Sat and > Sun. By being both the mom and the dad for months, > she allowed me to study for Level I, and cried her > eyes out when I passed. Dude, good luck with ur Level II. I was in your exact situation studying for Level I & II. I would usually get back from work at 6PM, then studied from around 8PM to 1:30AM. The went to the library on weekends to join my study-group for 5-6 hours. My wife is a super-woman and I’m the luckiest dude around. haha.

yea if passing L1 was really tough, get ready for a reaming on L2 and L3.

Thanks, guys. It will be my second attempt at L2. I failed with top scores in heavy-weighted topics. Will need to focus on “marginal” themes this time. On a bright side (and I know it may sound terribly pathetic under different circumstances), CFA exam is a form of escapism for me right now and I am looking forward to starting the preparation.

Well at least you saw the guy’s true colors early in your relationship … could be worse if you were married with kids and found out about his infidelity sometime in the future … not to mention you would have been finished CFA by this time and have most likely been supporting his useless #¤%&. I am sure you will finish Level II this time with that attitude.

Limited collateral damage, hehe))). Thanks, missinglink.

Well, I have a very supportive wife and four kids. I came to learn about CFA very late in my life, so I am on Level 2 right now. With the kids and their schooling, a full time job, groceries, and social life, you can imagine how delicate a balancing act it can be. On my last attempt on level 2, I failed. I was not as much disappointed by the failure as my wife was. Now I have to work harder and pass it for her.

Do you guys think my chances of passing level 2 would increase if I got a wife?

Theoretical question, just for sh|ts and giggles: Let’s say we have Mr and Mrs Smith, married with a young baby. Mr Smith decides to register for the CFA Level 1 exam and commit 300+ hours of study to it, meaning Mrs Smith has cover his share of family duties. Who, in the short run (i.e. not counting the exam pass as increasing the value of your CV or anything like that), had it worse? Mrs Smith because she had to cover for her husband (raising the kid, cooking, and maybe even financially support) or Mr Smith because he had to do all that study? Not that this situation applied to me, but there were times when I would have gladly swapped babysitting for a night off from studying.

So glad I’m still single, freedom = priceless.

Still single and sarging its pretty fun

bluesman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Theoretical question, just for sh|ts and giggles: > > Let’s say we have Mr and Mrs Smith, married with a > young baby. Mr Smith decides to register for the > CFA Level 1 exam and commit 300+ hours of study to > it, meaning Mrs Smith has cover his share of > family duties. > Who, in the short run (i.e. not counting the exam > pass as increasing the value of your CV or > anything like that), had it worse? Mrs Smith > because she had to cover for her husband (raising > the kid, cooking, and maybe even financially > support) or Mr Smith because he had to do all that > study? > > Not that this situation applied to me, but there > were times when I would have gladly swapped > babysitting for a night off from studying. Mr. Smith I hate to study but I would prefer study over dealing with a toddler’s tantrums.

I know Mr and Ms Smith who pursued CFA with a baby))). Level 2 left one of them pursuing the designation. Actually, there is a couple in candidate profiles who made it, with a baby.