Here's Where the Top 1% Have to Try Least to Make Their Money

Agreed. I noticed how my kids’ daycare was printing money and looked into a franchise.

Liquid Capital Required: $130,000

Total Investment Required: $650,000

And you have to have a net worth of at least $600,000.

wow. i was just discussing the potential for investing in a daycare center over lunch. if these numbers are ubiquitous, this is why there is a shortage of daycare centers everywhere.

Well keep in mind this is for a franchise. The same barriers would not exist for a non-franchise.

^ Those are for Goddard. Other franchises might be lower (or higher) and starting your own 1-off would likely be much cheaper. Goddard has a really good reputation and name recognition in this area though, so virtually certain to have decent enrollment from day 1.

They actually made a great documentary about this awhile back featuring Eddie Murphy if I recall correctly. Seemed plausible.

^ how did that one end again? oh yeah, the movie ended and eddie murphy went back to doing comedy. or at least trying to do comedy.

I’ve been out on jury duty the last few days. Just wanted to say “great thread”. Reminds me of the gold old days on AF. Thanks!

^ Did you get placed on a jury, or just sit in the potential jurors room for days?

I’m on a jury now. Hopefully will be done by the end of the week.

They usually toss me off the jury as soon as they learn that I have a family member who did time, but they wanted me this time.

It’s an interesting process, just unbearably slow.

Its also eye-opening to hear the stories of potential jurors. It really is interesting to look at probably one of the closest you’ll find to a truly random sample 20-25 from the city’s population, and hear them answer questions about their employment, education, children, experience with crime and the police, etc…

If chicks can breastfeed in public you should be allowed to toss off the jury.

Anyway, I don’t want to thread jack here. Once the trial is over, I’m happy to discuss some of it in a different thread.

Sorry, I was just trying to bring levity to the mundane…I’ll head back to the basement.

Can you relate?

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmSDRra7wUk]

This thread is inspiring me to live out one of my childhood dreams - owning a pizza store.

I’m friends with the family in our home town that operates the pizza shop and my fiance’s brother owns one. Neither one is doing well. Neither one is doing bad either, they’ve both been around for more than 10 years, but I get the impression they both feel trapped with long hours and average pay.