Hey Guys...............need some advice..............

I was going to say something to the effect of, “Taking 10-11 months to pass level I is excessive. If you’re smart and have the background you mentioned, you should be able to study hard for only a 2-4 months and get it done. 310 hours is an extreme example of the time required.” Then I saw all the punctuation and grammatical errors (who types that badly even when in a hurry?) and thought, “This guy might need 10-11 months.”

Yes, some guys need full year to pass CFA exams. Like myself. Like I said before I was never known for intelligence. Anyway, everybody has own study style. Some prefer to put long hours for short period and others, like myself, spread out. Think about your style and make a decision. What did you do in MBA? Did you study regularly or study real hard just before exams? (In other words, do you study when you can or when you must?) If latter, you will do the same for CFA and you will be OK.

I started studying for level I in 1996…and look at me now. I finally passed…10 years, but my career has really taken off since I put CFA Level II candidate on my CV. In fact, just yesterday, I received a call from a head hunter looking for Investment Counsellors at IG.

LOL! your posts are the best, Turkish

I’d laugh but all this bad press for IG can’t be good for my hometown. C’mon Turkish, IG is fine for the Prairie Boys, and if it isn’t they take the training and move on!!

Believe me, I respect IG’s business and like the retail biz as a whole there are great financial advisors and not so good advisors. Coincidentally, I did actually get that call from a head hunter yesterday.

cold calling is for telemarketers IMHO

“cold calling is for telemarketers IMHO” hali, you say a lot of intelligent stuff, but I have to call you on that one. Cold calling is an integral part of the business, while the institutional mandates are the core of my firm’s business we certainly do appreciate the $250MM - $500MM per year brought in by our private client guys. It’s a HNW division, but they still do plenty of “cold” to warm calling.

I … second … your … thoughts … kevin… But you should also agree on this… …,… “”… “”… - “…”

Is this guy FrankArabia 2? I remember FrankArabia used to stutter like that too.

Hey CFA2grunt hahahaha I liked it mate…But to be honest U should come and work in my office I bet you won’t be able to even type. Hahahahahah…I wonder how people come to conclusions before even knowing stuff…and mate to be honest if you are planning to get into finance specially investment banks just be prepared for late nights and hell lot of stress…I wonder how would you feel if your company is going to loose like a million dollars in an hour or so. I hope this time you might be happy with my grammar. hahahahah

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I … second … your > … thoughts … kevin… > > But you should also agree on this… > > …,… > “”… “”… - “…” Dinesh first of all I am gratefull to you for your comments and Just for your info i have realised that I have used quite many…(does it matter) anyways I was just amazed to see people who got nothing else to do and are on the forum…(go get a life) I thought forum was for some mature minded people (analyst) who want to share knowledge and not point out mistakes. Hahhahahah how naive.

Ricky(Sydney) Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey CFA2grunt > > hahahaha I liked it mate…But to be honest U > should come and work in my office I bet you won’t > be able to even type. Hahahahahah…I > wonder how people come to conclusions before even > knowing stuff…and mate to be honest if > you are planning to get into finance specially > investment banks just be prepared for late nights > and hell lot of stress…I wonder how > would you feel if your company is going to loose > like a million dollars in an hour or so. I hope > this time you might be happy with my grammar. > hahahahah hey CFA2GRUNT MY apologies, I made a mistake in the spelling while typing. It was lose not loose. OHH my god now in your opinion I won’t be even able to sit for any of the CFA exams. hahahahahaha I was wondering what profession would suit you…an english teacher… take care…

Ricky(Sydney) Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ricky(Sydney) Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Hey CFA2grunt > > > > hahahaha I liked it mate…But to be honest > U > > should come and work in my office I bet you > won’t > > be able to even type. Hahahahahah…I > > wonder how people come to conclusions before > even > > knowing stuff…and mate to be honest > if > > you are planning to get into finance specially > > investment banks just be prepared for late > nights > > and hell lot of stress…I wonder how > > would you feel if your company is going to > loose > > like a million dollars in an hour or so. I hope > > this time you might be happy with my grammar. > > hahahahah > > > hey CFA2GRUNT > > MY apologies, I made a mistake in the spelling > while typing. It was lose not loose. OHH my god > now in your opinion I won’t be even able to sit > for any of the CFA exams. hahahahahaha > I was wondering what profession would suit > you…an english teacher… > take care… I’m picturing you laughing maniacally as you wrote these messages. Thanks - I’m already in the industry. But last I checked, my company wasn’t losing one million (!) dollars per hour.

Ricky(Sydney) Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dinesh.sundrani Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I … second … your > > … thoughts … > kevin… > > > > But you should also agree on > this… > > > > …,… > > “”… “”… - “…” > > > Dinesh > > first of all I am gratefull to you for your > comments and Just for your info i have realised > that I have used quite many…(does > it matter) anyways I was just amazed to see people > who got nothing else to do and are on the > forum…(go get a life) I thought forum > was for some mature minded people (analyst) who > want to share knowledge and not point out > mistakes. Hahhahahah how naive. This forum is surely for mature people and I am very curious to know the reason how chad let you in. First of all this is a public forum, then you are seeking favors from the group members and if some humble bean is asking you to behave human (I mean humans have a low letters/dots ratio, for god sake, you will do this behavioral ratio at L3 in Behavioral fiancé.) you go way out and use more dots. I would surely love to read the research notes that you publish (if at all). Go try out the Dippin’ Dots Ice Cream (Chocolate covered strawberry flavour) and chillax and I’ll try helping you at your L1 queries. - Dinesh S

> This forum is surely for mature people and I am > very curious to know the reason how chad let you > in. First of all this is a public forum, then you > are seeking favors from the group members and if > some humble bean is asking you to behave human (I > mean humans have a low letters/dots ratio, for god > sake, you will do this behavioral ratio at L3 in > Behavioral fiancé.) you go way out and use more > dots. I would surely love to read the research > notes that you publish (if at all). Go try out the > Dippin’ Dots Ice Cream (Chocolate covered > strawberry flavour) and chillax and I’ll try > helping you at your L1 queries. > > - Dinesh S hey dinesh mate you are absolutely correct, I am definitely seeking help from the forum users but i expect them to not point out mistakes and just answer the queries. I hope this time i might have acted bit human(atleast with my typing) and in regards to maturity I am sure i am quite mature than many people on this forum. Any how I appreciate that you will still help with my level 1 queries. fortunately i did find some people in my city who are willing to help me with my CFA prep. so may not need much from forum. thanks for your comments(which were not much help to me in regards to CFA).

> > I’m picturing you laughing maniacally as you wrote > these messages. > > Thanks - I’m already in the industry. But last I > checked, my company wasn’t losing one million (!) > dollars per hour. hey cfa I was amazed to read your messages aswell. anyhow mate i respect the fact that you work in the industry and i was hoping you would have understood how busy a person can get. Mate your message was not that encouraging in the first place. I might have made some mistakes while typing but mate i only expect you to clear my doubts rather than being a smart$$s. I am not really concerned regarding passing my exam. I am not preparing CFA just to pass my exam and get the certification. I am more concerned with understanding the concepts and apply them in my career. cheers

Ricky(Sydney) Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- I am not really concerned regarding passing my exam. I am not preparing CFA just to pass my exam and get the certification. I am more concerned with understanding the concepts and apply them in my career. >> If you are more concerned about the concepts and not the certification (as you keep mentioning), then why don’t you just buy the CFAI books off eBay and read them in your spare time? This way you won’t have to sit the exams, and it would save yourself the time of having to make a new thread for every question that you have here. Sure you won’t achieve the CFA charter, but I’m sure everyone will still respect you when you explain how you can apply the concepts to your career - maybe you could write that on your resume?

Fremantle Wrote: ------------------------------------ > > > > >> If you are more concerned about the concepts > and not the certification (as you keep > mentioning), then why don’t you just buy the CFAI > books off eBay and read them in your spare time? > This way you won’t have to sit the exams, and it > would save yourself the time of having to make a > new thread for every question that you have here. Hey freemantle Mate I do wanna sit for the exam for sure and also pass it. I do need the certification, but what I am trying to explain is that I don’t only wanna pass the exam but to also understand all the concepts in-depth so that i am able to use them in practical. I met quite a few people it seemed were more concerned about passing the exam. I hope now understand where i am coming from and hopefully agree with me. > > > Sure you won’t achieve the CFA charter, but I’m > sure everyone will still respect you when you > explain how you can apply the concepts to your > career - maybe you could write that on your > resume?