Highest base of someone you know personally?

My wife! $169k base! Glad she married down!

My sister was a paralegal at Wachtell before law school and just got an associate offer for next year at one of the other first-class law firms mentioned in this post… I think the bonus numbers you’re throwing around are high by quite a bit but yeah… pretty baller

naturallight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My wife! $169k base! Glad she married down! What does she do? Highest bases of people I know (not counting entrepreneurs) are in the mid to high $100s, a few low $200s (law and finance).

wow, this is depressing. looks like the new comp structure in IB will push up base quite a bit. I think base is now $140 for 1st year associates at a few places. (note: obviously bonuses will be lower going forward)

Kid I knew from college took an offer from a bank with an $700k+ base in 2007. I know he hasn’t gotten fired, but I’m not sure whether or not he’s had to renegotiate.

ahahah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kid I knew from college took an offer from a bank > with an $700k+ base in 2007. I know he hasn’t > gotten fired, but I’m not sure whether or not he’s > had to renegotiate. Doing what? How could he be worth that much starting out?

find rich/powerful peoples children and you will find bases way above $200k starting out…nepotism pays.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ahahah Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Kid I knew from college took an offer from a > bank > > with an $700k+ base in 2007. I know he hasn’t > > gotten fired, but I’m not sure whether or not > he’s > > had to renegotiate. > > Doing what? How could he be worth that much > starting out? Working at Fidelity, obviously.

^your nickname, it’s awesome.

i love it!!

iheartiheartiheartmaths_crush new nickname coming soon

ooo is that what this is??? this eflirting is so flattering… ahhh… sigh…

Yes, the right last name goes a looooooong way.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ahahah Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Kid I knew from college took an offer from a > bank > > with an $700k+ base in 2007. I know he hasn’t > > gotten fired, but I’m not sure whether or not > he’s > > had to renegotiate. > > Doing what? How could he be worth that much > starting out? Don’t want to out people so I won’t be too specific, but from a prior job, he had developed strong ties to desirable banking clients and was able to sell his rolodex.

IheartMath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ooo is that what this is??? > > this eflirting is so flattering… ahhh… > sigh… Can we go on edate, say perhaps a nice edinner? I will try not to stare at the ewaitresses

sounds good.

Nice, I am in. Mattlikesanalysis and JTLD’s ghost: eat your ehearts out

IheartMath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i love you!! How u doinnnnn’

the head of wealth management at my first job out of college made over 200k base few key nat gas traders made 175k base at my next job… head of nat gas/power made over 200k base… also some sales people

Just found out an editor makes $140K plus an after tax $70K of discretionary spending money.