Hiring for financial services is expected to shrink by 40% (WSJ)

yes. and plus primary care docs are being totally squeezed out financially.

If you don’t specialize in a field say surgery, or anesthesiology, and remain a primary care physician, you end up making around 100k - $130k or so, which considering the huge costs of med school, skyrocketing medical insurance, and starting your life at age 30… makes it a huge turnoff.

Literally, it’s becoming more profitable to become a vet.

Have you seen what many have to do on a daily basis? Couldn’t pay me all the money in the world to do that.

I’d rather be a vet or a dentist than a doctor. Much less government intervention in the market, less insane insurance to deal with, etc.

I once accidently saw a nurse scooping poo out of an old man’s rear with a q-tip.

it was scarring.

I’ve seen worse. God bless them.

The supply of qualified candidates is also few. The level of difficulty is extremely high.

This applies mostly to Joe Retard who went to S my D University ranked #300 out of 299 schools and decided to spend his parents and govt money on getting drunk and becoming a frat bro but now thinks he deserves a job because he has a “degree” in Sports Management and Kinesiology…dafuq is that? These are the nigs who cant get jobs and who skew the numbers…and they should rightfully not get jobs. If you went to a decent undergrad (say rank 1-50, thats pushing decent tho) and did well (especially if your school is from 20-50 im talking >=3.6 gpa) and had a non-shit major so engineering, finance, economics, mathematics, accounting, statistics, computer science, physics, etc. then you can land a job. As for MBA’s, the increasing supply is from these blowholes who think an online MBA from the University of Phoenix is the same as a real MBA…or these fools that go to some no name school right out of undergrad and get an MBA, it is literally a worthless piece of paper. The graduates from top 10 MBA programs will for the most part always find a job. Moral of the story, if you don’t do the work to go to a decent school, study something marketable, and get good grades…dont complain you cant find a job, it leads to these dumbshit articles.

^ Preach on!

I wouldn’t weigh in too hard on the school. Anyone who works hard and shows they are ‘hungry’ will do well. The caboose of the class at Harvard/Yale also fall in line with Joe Retard. I went to a hacksaw undergrad and b school. I’m doing fine. Then again, I’ve been hungry for a long time.

I have a feeling Melissa may have gone to a good school but got a sht major in journalism or something. So she cherry picks these crappity studies and writes about them as if they are straight troof.

The role of WSJ and any big news outlet is to get readers/subscribers to sell advertisement to maximize profits. Preaching honest news is the last thing on their list.

^True, I agree a hungry person who kills it at a hacksaw undergrad can make it.

There are different types of nursing roles. Not all nurses scrape poo out of people’s butts with a Q-Tip. I agree the work isn’t for everyone – I have a friend who works as a nurse in a major burn victim ward. She doesn’t talk about it much but I’m sure the work is brutal. However, that work can be rewarding and interesting for some people. I personally couldn’t do it because I don’t like blood and guts – a major appeal of finance is that spreadsheets never bleed.

Yes, and budgets only hemorrage metaphorically.

I know an OR nurse. Pretty solid gig I think, but every nurse has to clean a bedpan or two I think.