Horrible Practice Exam Scores

If the actual exam questions are more straight forward, I’m confident I’ll have a good shot at it. I’m taking the CFAI mock this week (4th practice test for me), so I’ll post my score. I hear it’s a killer, but people say you can’t let it discourage you. I think I’m becoming immune to bad scores. Let’s push until the end. Good luck this weekend…

Aim for 75% on the CFAI Mock this weekend. I would write it starting at 9am - 12pm, one hour lunch and 2pm - 5pm.

If you hit 75% on that, I’d be pretty certain you’ll pass. Take the mock like its the real thing, its the best indicator IMO.

Yes do it till exam day.

This will improve your performance and make you able to score more than 70%.

I will give my first ever mock exam tomorrow. Shceweser 2013 practice exam no.1 and no.2. Have not revised derivatives,Alt Inv and Stats but no matter what I will give mock tomorrow. I am very excited and tomorrow I’ll know how much prepared I am for the exam. But some magic is happening with me that the things I studied in 1-2weeks are getting covered in 1,2 days …thats Amazing feeling.

Everyone says the CFAI mock is a killer and does not serve as a real indicator of where you stand - if you fail it, I mean. I’ll do the best I can but will not get discourage if I don’t hit over 75%…

Thanks!

who are you giving it to?

@igor555 … english is not my mother language so you’ll read more stuff like that.

Cheers

lmfao

Scored 60% on CFAI mock. This beyond embarrasing. I’m going to review every test I’ve taken (4 of them) and do at least two more exams before exam day. The only reason I’m continuing is because I promised myself I would give it my all until after the actual exam is over. I give myself a less than 10% chance of passing. Feel horrible right now…

CFALOBO:

Howd you compare the CFAI mock to Schweser. I took the BSAS mock at the local Univ yesterday. The afternoon session was EXHAUSTING and I can promise you I was just winging it for some questions. I scored 68 in the morning and 64 for the afternoon. Do not be discouraged if youre at a 60 right now. We got two weeks. If you have the qbank, just highlight the questions you seem to be getting wrong, filter out those questions and do them on the QBank over and over again.

CFALOBO:

Howd you compare the CFAI mock to Schweser. I took the BSAS mock at the local Univ yesterday. The afternoon session was EXHAUSTING and I can promise you I was just winging it for some questions. I scored 68 in the morning and 64 for the afternoon. Do not be discouraged if youre at a 60 right now. We got two weeks. If you have the qbank, just highlight the questions you seem to be getting wrong, filter out those questions and do them on the QBank over and over again.

CFALOBO I am the same way eexcept my scores are 5% less than yours. I have never been mad at something to do with academics in my life. THis whole thing is frustrating.

Hard CFAI mock questions are harder than the hard Schweser questions, and the easy CFAI mock questions are easier than the easy Schweser questions. Overall, the CFAI mock is harder. For many questions, you need to know the formula within the formula. For me, it’s impossible to remember everything. I’m at the point where I’m continuing for the sake of not being a quitter. I don’t have Q-bank. I’m reviewing difficult exam questions and answers now and will take two more tests before test day. Seeing other forum members’ scores, assuming they’re not lying, makes me believe I don’t have the necessary skills to pass the test. We’ll see what happens. Best of luck to you…

Other forum members are not all the people taking the exam on 2 weeks. Trust me, there are a lot of them who don’t even know what this forum is. I’ve read some thread over here saying that most of us here will pass. Hope so.

Keep stuudying.

I would suggest you to focus on heavy weight topics given the limited amount of time left. Focus on FRA and Ethic, if you can nail these 2 topics, you are almost 50% of passing!

CFALOBO:

Also to give rebirth to an idea that we all picked up in grad school, the curve is our friend! Keep ploughing. Football teams turn around seasons in two weeks. We got this!

I took the CFAI mock last weekend: 78% AM; 71% PM. The afternoon session contained, by far, the hardest questions I have encountered in my studying, especially the economics.

CFALOBO: I wish I had your determination… I struggle to pull myself to study for 3 hours a day. Keep working and good luck.

I know that feel

this exam is ruining my confidence

starting to think i should just give up and be a garbage man