# hours studied so far and plan from here?

Will not get any day off. Will be off to my centre by plane on Friday evening by God’s grace. Planning to proxy Qbank test exams as afternoon sessions and to include all sections in at least a vignette every single day and to solve them. Planning to proxy the past questions and CFAI EOC questions for AM sessions. No plans to “sacredfy” any particular past q for a test session. Been reading since October with a few stopovers. Must have averaged 500+ hours, but I don’t believe ihours spent is a strong function of passing anyway…

199 so far and will do another 30-40 from here on out.

200ish. Probably will pull another 50-60 before test time. Hopefully its enough.

maybe 70 so far. 2 weeks off work starting today so will likely get at least 100 in from here on out. 170 is super high for me. i’m one of the dudes who was under 100 for the first 2. i’m assuming this will be a tad bit harder than some multiple choices q’s!

ng30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i always get so anxious seeing everyone take off > the week before. i may get one day off and leave > early the day before…that’s about it. oh well, > worked for me up to this point. haha. you get nervous when you’re planning to put in 370 hours total?

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maybe 70 so far. 2 weeks off work starting today > so will likely get at least 100 in from here on > out. 170 is super high for me. i’m one of the > dudes who was under 100 for the first 2. i’m > assuming this will be a tad bit harder than some > multiple choices q’s! Yah I think if the exam was all MC it would be much easier, given you can recognize an answer where in essay I just cannot recall from memory (especially those damn lists

I’ve probably done about 250 hours so far and plan on putting in another 70-ish before exam time

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ng30 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i always get so anxious seeing everyone take > off > > the week before. i may get one day off and > leave > > early the day before…that’s about it. oh > well, > > worked for me up to this point. > > > haha. you get nervous when you’re planning to put > in 370 hours total? yessir, I’m dumb like that. not sure what amount it would take to make me not anxious. years, likely.

Probably 300 hrs… Have two weeks off so I will try to put in another 100-120 hours… I have to study hard to learn this stuff.

There’s no way I could pass with less than 200 hours… you guys must really be like sponges… good for you… I have to constantly read and make notes. I have a note book full of information and I wrote really small just to help reinforce everything.

nor_cal1982 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There’s no way I could pass with less than 200 > hours… you guys must really be like sponges… > good for you… I have to constantly read and make > notes. I have a note book full of information and > I wrote really small just to help reinforce > everything. well we have not passed yet!

Hey N.Van, (OT) Gonna reward myself and the wife with a trip to Vancouver and Victoria in July after all of this. Want to stay in nice places and really want to get a good feel for both cities (don’t want to be too isolated). Going to be up there for a week. Any suggestions? Thanks!

hey sterling i’m from vancouver too! Obviously if you’re in Victoria, you’ll have to have tea at the Empress!! In Vancouver there are a lot of really great places to check out, usual tourist attractions, suspension bridge, granville island, stanley park. Whistler would be a good place to check out too (2 hour drive out of Vancouver.) a pretty fancy restaurant to check out in Vancouver would be West.

Thanks Janet! I was thinking about staying at the Empress, should I? Also the Four Seasons in Vancouver. I wasn’t planning on renting a car so Whistler would probably be out. Can I do alright up there without the car?