How did you crack Level II ?

I used both CFAI and Schweser equally, because I would have both open whenever I studied. I used Schweser as primary source because it is organized better and easier to follow, being broken up by LOS. As I read through Schweser I would follow along with CFAI text and use whichever explained each section better. For some sections (I can’t remember the breakdown now) CFAI would be easier to understand and some Schweser was easier. Also, since CFAI was always open when I studied, it allowed me to fill in the gaps of missing information in Schweser. Then I did all Schweser end of chapter questions, and all the CFAI questions where it indicated that they were actual questions from previous year exams. Then did Schweser book 6, CFAI online practice tests. Also, during the last couple weeks I used Secret Sauce. I think this formula works best because you don’t have to go through all of CFAI, but you still get the benefit of expanded information when Schweser is incomplete. Much more efficient than having to read all of CFAI and all of Schweser

Passed L1 in Dec07, L2 in Jun08 No CFAI materials or exams both times, only Schweser: Study Notes (read 2-3 times all, several look-throughs, about 35% of Qbank, 4 exams, Secret Sauce day before exam). Full 8 days styduing and taking exams (in mix) before the exam. Hardest topics “in process”: Derivatives, Time series in Quants (thanks it was not on exam), some parts of CorFin and Asset valuation. Turned out to be the hardest on the exam… - Econ!:slight_smile: (wrecked all my brain at what seemed to be peanuts) and Portfolio (which surprisingly, thanks to God, resulted in >70% category) Should confess that was a bit of luck this time… Hopefully, this will not revert next year:)