How do people feel about 2009 exam (essay)?

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SK u dirty filthy animal > yah i know but no mention in the sample exams or > the mocks…jus found it > strange plus f i recall properly this wasnt tested > in 2008 level 2,… I saw it in a few Schweser questions…plus since it just got added this year, they’ve got to have it on the real test, no? I sure hope so, although taxes can be trickier than one thinks…

they could really throw some curve balls in the IPS with taxes. sheltering some while sending some stuff to the next generation. that would be my nightmare of a question, and i would NOT put it past CFAI

not really skillionaire. i took L2 last year and taxes were new then for L2 i believe. no sign of it on d-day.

niraj_a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not really skillionaire. > > i took L2 last year and taxes were new then for L2 > i believe. no sign of it on d-day. You took L2 last year? You don’t say…shockingly, I did as well. Don’t remember if they tested it on the exam, in full disclosure, but if what you say is true and they didn’t, then it further reinforces my belief that we’ll see it this year. Was new last year and it has now “followed” us to L3 - can’t believe they wouldn’t test this material for two straight years after just adding it, and especially since we’ve (my class) been responsible for it for two straight years. Just saying, I like the chances that it shows up.

boys n girls this is my point taxes has been passed around more times than kim kardashian @ a superbowl party but yet no show…the part that bugs me out is the very final beast of a formula /…apart from that it is doable but then again by the way i always get a chuckle at their economics trickle down macroecon biases …citing friedman monetraist theories for example when ricardian equivalent theorem would have been fine/… i need a hug

I took this last night… scored myself pretty harsh and got 73%… the WACC one threw me for a loop but only the calc part, the other 2 parts I was able to get… Grinold also got me, freaking nominal growth already given…going to re-take 08 and 07 next week some time, but from what i remember the first time through those a month ago they were difficult

boston21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I took this last night… scored myself pretty > harsh and got 73%… the WACC one threw me for a > loop but only the calc part, the other 2 parts I > was able to get… Grinold also got me, freaking > nominal growth already given…going to re-take > 08 and 07 next week some time, but from what i > remember the first time through those a month ago > they were difficult I just took the 2008 yesterday, it’s a bear. That being said, scored a little over 60 (I’m the harshest grader you’ve ever seen, being that if my answer doesn’t almost exactly match the guideline, I take away lotsa points), and that’s with ~25 points lost for stupid errors (putting X-1 for the weights, forgetting to subtract a mortgage payment, and all kinds of other shit I blame on Ms. Skillionaire watching Grey’s Anatomy as I was trying to take the test). Was also pretty buzzed by the time I actually started taking it, so that probably didn’t help. Long story short, gave myself a 60 but actually feel pretty good about the exam at this point.