How Do You Hand In Your Notice At A Hedge Fund

king_kong Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That doesn’t really make sense intuitively. > Presumably, the person who is handing in his > notice knows he is going to quit, so he would be > able to download any models and info he wanted to > take. Why would he wait for the 2 week notice > period to do that? Exactly. The job search did not begin the eve of the resignation.

To clarify, the 1 month notice periods are typically *NOT* worked. Meaning you give notice but you cannot start your next role for one month. This is typically nothing more or less than paid leave.

Just hand it in, he/she will not care.

Has anyone had additional experiences, good or bad, with resignation notice periods? I’m specifically interested in people who have been subject to longer-than-usual (more than 2 weeks) notice periods.

I can tell you about Germany, but it’s a completely different world than USA, therefore not relevant. Overhere you have a 3months period…after the end of a calendar quarter. Which means that theoretically you might have to wait almost 6 months. (crazy I know). If you leave to go to the competition, they often “ban” you from coming back, eventhough they are legally obligated to pay you until the end of the aforementionned time period. Now in practice they usually reach an agreement with you to brake the contract.