How do you think you did?

ok… i was quite ill on the day and had an absolutely horrific time as i felt often that i was pushing myself over the edge. that said i am very very happy with my performance. obviously, like everyone i too am awaiting the autopsy results. i found the afternoon session only marginally more tough than the morning one.

I agree with all of the comments and so did those around me at the exam: we all felt that the morning was easier and the afternoon was significantly harder. I also echo the feeling of knowing you got things wrong. I fought the urge to look at my notes after the exam, knowing that it would only make me feel worse if I found out that I got some of them wrong. I’m glad I didn’t check. I can honestly say I have no idea whether or not I passed, the exam did a great job of challenging me to the point that I really can’t tell. Good luck everyone! Try to enjoy the next few weeks and not think about it!

RockGuitar417 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree with all of the comments and so did those > around me at the exam: we all felt that the > morning was easier and the afternoon was > significantly harder. > > I also echo the feeling of knowing you got things > wrong. I fought the urge to look at my notes after > the exam, knowing that it would only make me feel > worse if I found out that I got some of them > wrong. I’m glad I didn’t check. I can honestly say > I have no idea whether or not I passed, the exam > did a great job of challenging me to the point > that I really can’t tell. > > Good luck everyone! Try to enjoy the next few > weeks and not think about it! Ha, since I am a complete neurotic, I did the exact opposite and looked at my notes although it made my heart break. I noted the questions I thought I had wrong and I estimated that I may have made around 20 mistakes or maybe less for sure. I hope I didn’t mess up enough to fail. Oh and of course the grand classic: I changed the answer from the right to the wrong one. I could have flagellated myself!!! I spent my post CFA weekend mopping and depressing and I was supposed to go out and drink myself into oblivion. So bummed missing points on a few easy stuff. I actually thought, the pm session was trickier in only 2 sections but the rest was pretty ok and mirrored the morning session. I sat in December and I failed because I was totally unprepared and yet when I came out of the exam I felt pretty confident of my odds. As they say, ignorance is bliss. It’d be devastating to fail again. Anyway, we’re done. It’s summer! I’ll get over it. Good lucK!

I think I did well. I was better prepared and felt more confident coming out of the exam than I did in Dec. Failed Band 10 back then so hoping I can make the cut this time. PM was trickier than AM. AM was waaaaaaayyyy too easy!

I guess I can take a little bit of solace in the fact that some of you other guys have the exact same feeling as I did leaving the test. I expected to feel relieved after I was done with the test, but initially I was not relieved. All I could think about was how tough the afternoon section was. As far as the silly mistakes thing I am definitely in the same boat as others. I am kicking myself over some things that I know I missed and definitely should not have missed. I hope I pass, but I would not be surprised to see if I don’t. It is what it is, and if I failed, I know that I can be more efficient in my studying next time. Also, I agree with so many others that you should try not to think about it and fret over the results. It’s over now and there’s nothing you can do about it. If we fail it’s not the end of the world, it’s just a bump in the journey!

This seems like a support group. I realized I made a bunch of retarded mistakes too that are going to HAUNT me for this next month and especially if I don’t pass. I am not feeling that confident due to the amount of mistakes I know I made in addition to questions I just didn’t know. There definitely were some curve balls too. Gahhhh this wait is going to suck,

I only had about four weeks to review. The first three weeks went into reviewing all material including EOC questions. I then completed free CFA mock scoring low 70%, Elan free 120 question mock at low 70% score as well and then purchased Elan Mock 2 exam and got a 70% again…The ACTIUAL test felt SIMILAR TO mock, not much difference between morning and afternoon but now I’m concerned that 70% might not be enough since everybody seems to think that Level 1 was pretty fair… Keep fingers crossed and good luck to everybody.

I am counting now in my head and I count at least 10 problems I know I gotten wrong that I should not have. That isn’t including questions I had no idea on. I just have to force myself to stop thinking about it.

10 is fine invic. There’re 240 questions! I’m also going through all the questions in my head which I’m not sure. I’ll go mad till end of July.

I know I got more than 20 wrong. Those I got wrong for sure and guessed on quite a few. Continuing to speculate is only going to drive me insane. Try to enjoy your summer…

Yeah me too. But I didn’t guess much for the rest for the questions so I either blew it and fell for a trap or I answered correctly. What I’m also afraid that I may have messed up the ovals. Although I corrected the ones I mis-filled immediately. I’m being overly paranoid, I guess. But seriously, 7 weeks is a hell of a long wait for them to publish those damn results!

zinamarina you are not being too paranoid, or if you are I am completely being paranoidt too! i keep thinking about those blo$$ody ovals and cant get it out of my mind. it’s basically my major concern

Maybe it’s because of the headache I had on the AM session or because I only got my caffeine between the sessions, but I found AM session harder, while the PM seemed like a piece of cake (except for one section, which always seems hard and subjective to me).

On the whole, I walked out of the exam feeling really confident about it. Same as most people, I left AM feeling really good. When we got back to PM, I just wanted to take a nap. I was reading the questions, especially ethics, and it felt like my mind wasn’t processing anything. I ended up skipping Ethics and coming back at the end at about 4:15 when I was more alert and it wasn’t too difficult. Time management went great though, I finished each section in 2.5 hrs or so, so I had enough time to check stuff over, but not too much time to get bored. I was definitely surprised by some of the questions, but with the curriculum being so big, there were going to be questions we didn’t expect. The best thing I did was completely forget about the exam the night before. I went out drinking for a few hours and got about 5 hrs of sleep. Maybe not the best test taking strategy, but I just needed to be distracted.

Same comment as Cinderella, I think I did better and I also sat December but failed with a Band 10 back then. AM was much easier than PM as I finished AM with 30 mins to spare. I thought Economics was much tougher this time round than December, which I passed then but Financial Reporting Analysis was much fairer this time round, expecially if you covered the material thoroughly. I spent 2 months reading the CFA books and would recommend. I didn’t think the CFA Mocks for the economics section was helpful.

The one worry I have now… As by general agreement, people though the AM was easy and the PM was fair… I wonder if this is just an AF trend, or did people “overhear” after their exams.? The reason is, if it was deemed soo easy by the majority, what are the chances that they MPS is higher…??

taylor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > afternoon was totally harder…especially fixed > income. ouch. > > it’s kind of annoying being tested on MAYBE only > 5% of the curriculum. c’est la vie. I thought the PM wasn’t too bad and FI was probably my best scores (in both subjects)…just goes to show how differently we all do…as for me, I was sleep deprived and slow on these exams, ran out of time in the beginning, so that hurt me, oh well at least its done.

krazykanuck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > The best thing I did was completely forget about > the exam the night before. I went out drinking for > a few hours and got about 5 hrs of sleep. Maybe > not the best test taking strategy, but I just > needed to be distracted. LOL, maybe I should have tried that approach…I went and saw the hangover 2 to clear my mind but came back and couldn’t sleep…

Was very surprised at how easy the exam was compared to the Schweser mock/sample questions. Finished AM/PM in just under an hour each and spent the rest of the time checking answers. I’m more worried about misfilling ovals/ID/name than the actual exam…

goethe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Was very surprised at how easy the exam was > compared to the Schweser mock/sample questions. > > Finished AM/PM in just under an hour each and > spent the rest of the time checking answers. I’m > more worried about misfilling ovals/ID/name than > the actual exam… less that an hour??? you’re a genious dude ! :slight_smile: