How does a fresh grad go into IB / Analyst

I learnt the hard way that the ratio of something else replacing the lack of exp. is quite unfavourable.

Sorry but CFA != experience.

You can’t make up for experience with the CFA. no way no how. anybody who has the CFA or has taken it will recognize it for what it is. a hard test. doesn’t even mean you really know anything about capital markets.

hey frank did you get my emails a couple weeks back? were they helpful?

I think I replied back. Yes, they were very helpful and I thank you for the time. I’m just trying to land an interview now so I can pitch myself. But in all seriousness, I think I’m still 1 year shy of being able to sit down with a real pro and talking to him about the capital markets in any serious detail. I get your point though and it makes great sense.

Please take it from a shameless social climber like myself, just keep adding designations to your name until you start getting those interviews.

perhaps i should aim to be the Discount Broker with the most designations ever…

Wouldnt you just look like a huge dork if you have anything more then a CFA working in the BO or a DB?

commstudent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wouldnt you just look like a huge dork if you have > anything more then a CFA working in the BO or a > DB? Yes you would. That might be my fate. Not the first one either.