How hard is the level III exam???

L3 is very very easy…no need to study…just go and write

PM session much easier compared to L2. Essay is tricky. Push for high 70s low 80s in practice exam pms to have a buffer in AM. Would say in total l3 is a bit tougher to pass than l2.

jasonmatthew Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi all, > > So hard is the level III exam compared to the > Level II exam. > > I passed level II this year after failing last > year (band 9). > > All feed back is greatly appreciated. I was in the exact same situation, but a year ahead of you. Level 3 is closer to Level 2 in difficulty, so you should approach it with the same intensity you did the second time around. Don’t underestimate it. On the other hand, depending on your background and whether you can learn to express yourself on the AM portion succinctly and move on (time management is harder here, I think). As I am a financial planner/private wealth manager professionally, I found it to be an easier curriculum and easier test than Level 2. But not so much that I would encourage you to do anything other than take it very seriously.

alot depends on your background and what you do for a living. if you are already spending time in portfolio management, then L3 could very well be the easiest for you. For me, L3 was the hardest, and i had the lowest scores on it of any of the 3. What were your portfolio management scores like in L1 and L2? those were my weakest areas in both those levels. If you found that stuff easy, l3 will be easier. If you found it tough, L3 will be harder. Don’t sleep on L3 due to the somewhat higher pass rates. Keep in mind only the best candidates will make it to L3, and if only 45-55% of those people are passing, its definitely no joke.

Level 3 is the hardest to me. I got greater than 70 in all but one section on both LI and LII, On level 3 i was split about 50/50 between >50<70 And i put more time in L3 than all the others. DO NOT underestimate it. The people that perpetuate the “L3 is the easy one” tale, are those who took it in 1990 when all that was needed to pass was a pulse.

dimash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > L3 is very very easy…no need to study…just go > and write +1

MFIN— Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That sucks…Did you prepare as hard as you did > for level 2? Yes and no. About the same hours, but with my sons birth in March I think there was a gap in my studies as well as a huge dropoff in quality of the time I put in. Never got comfortable like I was last year.