how i nailed L1

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > soddy1979 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > In May 2009 I used the following format. > > > > Monday: 60 quant and economics questions (ie. > 30 > > each). Review what I got wrong, or wasn’t sure > > about. > > > > Tuesday: 60 FRA & CF questions. Review > > Wednesday: 60 Equity & FI questions. Review > > Thursday: 60 AI & DER questions. Review > > Friday: 60 ethics & PM questions. Review > > Saturday: One full 6 hour practice exam. Review > > Sunday: Review the questions I got wrong on the > > practice exam. > > > > Ethics: I also spent one week taking each > > standard, and making notes of all the quirky > stuff > > in the examples. It only took about 40 minutes > > each day. I memorized all the quirks the day > > before the test. That was all that I did the > day > > before the test. About two hours work. > > > > So all in all, 1.5 hours of questions & 1.5 > hours > > revision each day. Exam only on Saturdays and > > review only on Sundays. > > > > Best of luck all. > > > I guess what i don’t like about this format is you > are devoting equal time to smaller weighted areas. > Why spend as much time on a 5% area as a 15% area? > THose topic weights are your friend, and I think > you should take advantage of them. > > Mind you, I’m not saying to punt a category, i’d > never recommend that - but on a 240 question exam, > PM will have only 12 questions. Even if you only > know some of the basics, you should be able to get > 1/2 those questions right. I’d advise spending > more time on the bigger topics. Agreed. If your cr@p at any particular area you should devote more time to that. Especially if it’s one of the heavier weights. I do think doing the questions, and seeing each topic well once a week helped me solidify the concepts.

i am using your approach now for the upcoming L2 - thanks to the CFAI for giving us all the 5-15% topic ranges (bastards!), my “targeted approach” goes out the window

starvinmarvin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > starbuk learn proper grammar before you talk to > me. > Just cause you can’t do what I do, don’t hate on > me. > You little bitch. > “they will give u great understanding of the > material.” > u fuckin fag. cool story bro. were u hammered when you wrote this? were you out all night with strippers, models and poppin bubbly? thats what carefree, do-it-all players like you do, right? now if i were to believe that you actually went out (ever or on) that night, and im not saying that i do, then damn you must have been pretty spooked by the exam. enough so to go out, get drunk, and fail the next day because of it. that way you can tell everyone this _awesome_ story, instead of explaining the truth. now heres a news flash - u are on a site with people that are trying to study for an exam that you say is nothing and do not take seriously. and i dont have to learn anything before i talk to you because you are not anyone i look up to. you see back in high school i got a 34 on my english ACT portion, besides getting and A in every english class i have ever taken, in college and high school. so obviously i do know how to correctly use grammar, but i dont care to.

lzen5 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > starbuck, how much of the material do you think > you can remember now? for me, i think about > 50%…i am going over stuff again. i guess it depends on the section - economics is harder for me and i cant retain a lot of it. there is just so much material, its tough to remember everything. i try to focus on understanding the topics, but even that sometimes isnt enough so i have to memorize.

starbuk Wrote: - > and i dont have to learn anything before i talk to > you because you are not anyone i look up to. you > see back in high school i got a 34 on my english > ACT portion, besides getting and A in every > english class i have ever taken, in college and > high school. so obviously i do know how to > correctly use grammar, but i dont care to. you see…back in high school…

:smiley:

shouldnt have even responded to that idiot

Oh yeah? Well I didn’t even look at a text book once. Also, I was up on a coke binge for a week with no sleep before I took L1, and also I drank three 40s of malt liquor right before the exam, and I wrote ‘CFA is for losers’ on my scantron card. I finished the morning and afternoon exam sessions in 30 minutes each, and I also picked up one of the hot procters, but dumped her after we did it cuz I was too cool for her, and now I work for Goldman Sachs as a portfolio manager. I woke up in a gutter like 2 months later and then I checked my gold plated I-phone for exam results, and I got 70+ in each area cuz it was so easy. whateva, I do what I want

LOL!

dude that is great!

starbuk u r such a square. anyone with half a brain would have known I was joking trying to lighten things up before the test. Im glad the world is not full of nerds like u.

you got me. and yeah i can see how i come off as uptight. this weekend i did 250 practice questions and saw kick-ass in theaters. does a square do those things?

sorry homie

By Qbank, are you guys referring to Schweser?

starbuk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > this weekend i did 250 practice > questions and saw kick-ass in theaters. does a > square do those things? The 250 practice questions, No. The 250 practice questions and then watch kick-ass, Yes.