How I passed all 3 levels of CFA within 2 years

I feel your pain. I have a 4 year old and a 4 month old now. They’re going to help me study for lvl1 next year. The 4 year old was 1 when I started my designation journey. I complete the CLU next month.

I remember holding my baby in one arm and the FRA level II book in the other, after a long day at work. Good times.

Hi,

I wanted to which package of from Schweser will be sufficient? There are three packages that they offer, which are, Premium Plus, Premium and Essentials. Which one would you recommend?

Thanks buddy for sharing your awesome experience

I want to ask something from you

As i read your experience, it seems you did actual books more seriously in lvl 1 but did focused more on schweser in lvl 2 and 3.

Isn’t schweser apart from its q banks a bit lacking as compared to the actual books?

i found some topics less covered or not properly explained when i compared some corresponding areas from actual book to schweser. i know about level 1 only though.

Can you share your experience in this regards?

Thank you in advance

Haha I can’t imagine that. Good for you though! Superb for getting all the exams done!

I think I was more serious on actual books for Lvl 1 because I was a total newbee that time. Didn’t know what else was out there. I actually didn’t buy Schweser until one month before my exam. I figured there wasn’t much time left so I just did Q bank and mocks. Now in hindsight, I would still probably recommend going though the book fairly well before jumping into notes and questions, not as much time as I spent though… Lvl 1 covers a very WIDE range of topics, so it’s kind of nice to read though everything first.

Regarding Schweser being a bit lacking, I’d say yes and no. I actually really like the notes part, it’s a great summary to go through around 1-2 weeks before your exam. And honestly, at that time, you really won’t have much time trying to figure out little nuances and try to understand every single details. I just made sure whatever you understood, you don’t forget them in the exam. The fact is nobody will know everything of all six CFA books. I’d just pick the important ones and leave the rest. Of course, if there’s a big topic that you are totally confused with, read the book and spend good time on it. Other than that, I wouldn’t read every single page. Because most likely you won’t remember, that’s the unfortunate truth…

All the best! Let me know if you want to discuss more!

I bought esential self study ones for all three levels. In my opinion, the most valuable ones are Q bank and Mocks. If you like reveiw workshop, just Youtube it, there’s lots of good lessons. No need to spend more $ for that. Good luck!

Do you think the Schweser qbank/mocks for L2 are useful/worth doing? Some say that its not as useful in L2 than in L1.

I agree. It’s not as useful as level 1 for the Q banks. The mocks are absolutely useful across three levels. I used Q bank more for testing whether I got the concept correct, not really for exam experience. As you know Lvl 2 has a totally different format than lvl 1. Unfortunately Q bank doesn’t provide the case style. But it wouldn’t be a bad thing to do some questions (but don’t waste too much time on it).

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience. Can you provide more detail regarding your study schedule through Level 2? You said you spent 1 month in the actual CFAI textbooks and 1.5 months on Schweser. How many hours were you spending each day to study? Did you take notes? Did you do EOC questions after every reading? How could you finish reading all the material in so little time?

Thank you in advance!

Congrats champ :+1: