How is everyone doing ?

questions in blue are mostly like concept checkers from CFAI - in other words trivial.

i think those blue boxes are just examples and are meant to solidify understanding of the reading …

I am starting to feel very nervous seeing how everyone is so far ahead of me!

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am starting to feel very nervous seeing how > everyone is so far ahead of me! same here …all the more reason to study more to catch up … I know thatz easier said than done

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am starting to feel very nervous seeing how > everyone is so far ahead of me! same here… i’m languishing on session 6, when everyone else is nearing the end… major panic starting to set in

Am really feeling nervous…just cant get my self to open the book!! I was this lethargic for I & II, but i heard III is a seperate game altogether. The stockmarket getting too exciting for mundane stuff like LvelII. Anyone else in the same boat ? !@!# I am going to start tomorrow (desperation !)

well I’m about to finish CFAI book 6…GIPS have been going smoother than I thought. I think that’s a plus:) I feel like I spent too much time with note taking but when I look at my notes I feel more comfortable about the coming review of the whole material. I already have my own version of schweser notes in word format. I will also attach end of chapter summary section of the each reading to my notes. I believe these will be very helpful in review period. But the review will start with reading ethics, that’s for sure. I was planning to buy schweser Q-bank but when I saw the $500 price tag i said thanks, maybe schweser practice exams. I’ll buy all of the CFAI online tests, solve questions from Fabozzi and Hull textbooks, solve the past exams and resolve the end of chapter questions. we’ll see what happens in 78 days. And no need to panic if you’ve already read over 50% of the material.

how does GIPS in the CFAI compare to schweser? Really putting that chapter off as long as possible

in 2 weeks I am halfway thru chapter 7 (skipped 1&2) hopefully in a month read all curriculum.

jcrick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how does GIPS in the CFAI compare to schweser? > Really putting that chapter off as long as > possible I wouldn’t do that…these are easy hoops like kobe making 20 foot jumper over lebron:) just pull the trigger and read. I don’t have schweser so i can’t make a comparison, but i liked the way CFAI explains the subject, with examples for every provision. It’s better than just reading “CARVE-OUT returns SHOULD not be included in single asset class COMPOSITE returns unless the CARVE-OUTS are actually managed separately with their own cash balance.” oh btw this line is from the original GIPS handbook not from schweser. bottomline is it takes time to read the CFAI books but you will need these points in exam. gl

Finishing book 5 CFAI this weekend and hopefully book 6 by the middle of April… I haven’t referenced the Schweser notes much so far but once am done with the curriculum - am going to go back and do all the CFAI practice problems and Schweser questions as well and then the exams. Where are people using CFAI books doing Exams from? Schweser Book 6 and 7? The CFAI books don’t have full length exams.

1 Like

I have SS 4,5,6 and 7 to go. I have not done ethics & GIPS. I am hoping to finish by the end of April ex Ethics/GIPS and begin ethics/GIPS & revision from May first week. Most probably, will begin hitting schweser tests end of May first week or second week after revising i.e. going thru the material, the material I have no retention of. I guess we have a total of 6x2 tests from schweser and perhaps 3x2 from CFAI. A total of 18 tests x 3 hours = 54hrs + 18* 1.5 hours to go over. That’s a grand total of 81 hours, let’s round it to 84 hours. Its about 2 full 40 hours weeks…wow! So begin tests early part of second week of May is my plan!!!

where are the 3*2 tests from CFAI? :slight_smile:

where are the 3X2 tests from CFAI? :slight_smile:

I don’t know, I’m guessing!! Apologies, if there aren’t 3x2 tests on CFAI :slight_smile:

I have been diagnosed with Chron’s disease by my doctor…number one cause…stress.

^^^ Bad luck. I know at least 3 people with this condition. All of them have tamed the beast largely through lifestyle changes (I mean dietary and exercise, rather than work habits). I just came back from a 4 day vacation. Was awesome. Have done nowhere near enough work, but just secured access to the LSE library in London, so will be heading there for some hardcore CFA action whenever possible. The next 70-odd days are going to be hell, but I also relish the challenge.

i thought CFAI had only 5 books. am I missing something? like a whole book?

Turkish_dude, Skip ethics, and you have five books… the ones that matter. At this point, ethics has been done to death. Find what is new, review it with problems… Call it 5.08 books or something.

it has six volumes…perhaps you are not counting the Ethics book? I am looking at vol 6 right now…study sessions 16 - 18