HOw many attempts are too many to pass level 1?

23adam Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Band 10 sucks!! Meazza…you will pass this time. > I like ur determination. Third time is the > charm. > > We all will pass…( should pass)…crossing ma > fingers too. My determination? lol I appreciate it. I hope you’re right because if you’re wrong, well then this will be the time that you being wrong will suck ass lol

Meazza will pass. With any luck I will pass too, and we’ll be chilling on the L2 board chuckling about the good ol days studying for L1.

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Meazza will pass. > > With any luck I will pass too, and we’ll be > chilling on the L2 board chuckling about the good > ol days studying for L1. If I do Level 2 in June 2009, I doubt we’ll have much time to chat lol

Can someone please enlighten me about bands? Where CFAI reports them? Thanks.

kseniaru Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I failed in band 5 last June… so that is lower > than 7 or 8… I failed with a band 2 in June, but I also only read ethics. Put in no more than 40-50 hours of studying. My g/f had just moved in with me, I was doing 70-80 hours at work, and I didn’t have to pay for the exam. About a month into studying for the Dec. exam my g/f kindly told me that had I studied like this when she first moved in, she would have moved back home within a month. Hoping I made the right decision since I’m popping the question on Saturday. =) Towards the end of Nov I was getting mid to upper 70’s on all Stalla exams, but I bombed the CFAI mocks with a 63%, so I’m really nervous about Jan 28th.

jebr76 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I failed with a band 2 in June, but I also only > read ethics. Put in no more than 40-50 hours of > studying. My g/f had just moved in with me, I was > doing 70-80 hours at work, and I didn’t have to > pay for the exam. > > About a month into studying for the Dec. exam my > g/f kindly told me that had I studied like this > when she first moved in, she would have moved back > home within a month. Hoping I made the right > decision since I’m popping the question on > Saturday. =) > > Towards the end of Nov I was getting mid to upper > 70’s on all Stalla exams, but I bombed the CFAI > mocks with a 63%, so I’m really nervous about Jan > 28th. Good luck for your exam results and the proposal too. :slight_smile:

I’d say 3 attempts…if you can’t hack L1 in 3 attempts, L2 and 3 are going to be unbelievably painful. Same as CFA=NoLife

surveyinn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t think any one failing Level 1 twice will > have enough confidence in him/her to go for it > again. I knew a guy that failed at least 3 times. I am not sure if he took it again in Dec or if he is going to do it in Jan 09. Would be terrible.