How many calculators do you bring in the exam?

Even though there is even a remote chance that any of the calculators would breakdown during the exam, I would not take the risk. After reviewing for 6 months, I do not want to fail just because my calculator conks out on the day of the exam. If you were in the situation of the chinaman, I am sure you would be willing to shell out $250 for any calculator.

Hey, go easy on the “chinaman” word… I brought 2 TI calculators for the Level 1 exam. After all those months of late nights, another $40 or so to prevent any disasters seems like a wise investment.

my experience and also noticed here, besides bringing calc, pencils with and without earsers…candidates lack the number of sharpeners…i think its the most important.i’ll be taking at least 5 sharpers this time

After reviewing for 6 months, I do not want to fail just because my calculator conks out on the day of the exam. —> i can bet that, calculator cannot be reason of failing this exam. You can at maximum, miss some questions because of lack of calculator but still i would say, if some one really knows the material inside out, he/she will be able to guess smartly. So please don’t spoil sleep on calculator thing.

I AM STARTLED ! I took just two pencils and 1 calculator? Are you people serious for FIVE calculators? May be if you are too freaked out, then a screw driver and spare battery would suffice. But 5 calculators? Gimme a break ! And for that chinese guy. I know that tension. A friend of mine forgot his calc too. He left examination hall in break and never came back. I would’ve spared it for free. You’ve got to have a heart buddy !

I know a guy who confidently took the L1 exam a few years back and passed without a calculator.

Sure, fine…bring all the calculator supplies you want. To me it’s kinda like gareth from the BBC Office calling in to complain about “circuitry” issues for his miscalculation. Bring an extra battery and don’t spill on it during break. …but what is all this nonsense about sharpeners. USE MECHANICAL PENCILS!!! You always have a sharp point.