How many hours did you spend studying on Level I, Level II, and Level III exam

Probably studied the least for L3. Way lesser than what I did for L2.

CPPI for me

I wish I’d kept better track of this. Including only the years I passed (Level 3 is obviously still unknown): L1: ~200 (easier than I thought) L2: ~200 (scraped by) L3: ~275 (feel confident, but we’ll see)

L1: 150 L2: 1300 (seriously, failed many times) L3: 500

L1: 200 hours (Passed somehow) L2: 300 hours (Crushed the exam) L3: 390 hours (To be determined in August) Total: 890 hours Could have had a part time job earning $10 an hour (implicit cost) plus $5000 (explicit cost fees plus study materials). Total implicit and explicit cost = $13,900. With an estimated 30 years left in my career, assuming I pass level 3 and 3.714% discount (30 year Canadian bond rate) rate, I need to earn an extra $780 dollars a year for the remainder of my career to justify this move.

^ haha +1

If you want to actually be able to call yourself a CFA charterholder, don’t forget about annual and local CFA dues, assuming they increase at your discount rate the calculation stays clean but you gotta add a few hundred to that $780. On the bright side though, 30 years from now when you retire you get a discount!

How the hell do any of you actually count how many hours. Such a BS exercise. Where’s an auditor when you need one.

Yes. We counted the hours. Each hour we rang a bell and added it to the tally sheet. Of course. That is the answer. Its all so obvious now.

i actually kept a pretty nerdy file. i would record how many hours i studied every day - by topic area. i would even discount hours if i was distracted or not focuses. so if i sat at my desk for 4 hours, but wasn’t focused and spent an hour on facebook, phone, etc, then i only recorded 3 hours.

I probably overstudied Level 1. Level 2 and 3 were not that convincing L1: 300, pass2007 (easy) L2: 500, pass2008 (difficult and large) L3: 600, pass2009 (difficult and tricky) I am so happy it’s over !!! So will YOU be in 2 months!

L1 : 180 L2 : 100 L3 : 300 and feel that it’s not enough. Seriously, I think it must be at least 500h for L3.

Rough guess: L1: 140 L2: 290 L3: 240 Hope it was enough… I have a lot of friends studying for the bar. I seriously don’t think that could be much harder than what we just endured. Of course they all act like “if you’re not a lawyer you have no clue what it means to take the bar, so don’t even talk to me.” Haha. If only they knew.

Most of all, the return/reward from the time spent in L3 is the least one for me !

LI - NA LII - NA LIII - Failed First Time (Can’t remember hours) LIII - 622

jankynoname Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rough guess: > > L1: 140 > L2: 290 > L3: 240 > > Hope it was enough… I have a lot of friends > studying for the bar. I seriously don’t think > that could be much harder than what we just > endured. Of course they all act like “if you’re > not a lawyer you have no clue what it means to > take the bar, so don’t even talk to me.” Haha. > If only they knew. california bar is no joke… 3 straight 8-hour days of testing in a row. we only have 1 day each level.

Yeah, i guess that sounds pretty tough… whatever, they get to study full-time for 3 yrs tho. i can pass that shiet without law school.

L1: 250 ( pased with all > 70) L2: 550 ( pased with a 9/10 > 70) L3: 400 ( no comments)