how many hours, no haters please.

I took 3 weeks off from work for level 2, doing practice exams+digging into solutions, with an daily average of 8/10 hours and it was really hard but it paid off.

To be honest, reading is completely different as you are not as excited as with 100% practice+corrections…you’ll probably won’t manage to average net 10 hours of reading during 30 days.

But, do your best…as someone used to said around here…“no excuses”.

go for it man!

My gf who is a med student studies around 10 hours a day almost everyday. Her easy day is around 6 hours a day. So I guess it is possible for the OP to put in 10 hours a day. Fight on!!!

thanks guys, I gave my laptop and sat receiver to my buff neighbor and told him not to give them back to me till June 2nd no matter what. I only have acess to a PC when I am at work…

What I get home, I got nothing to play with (no play on words here please), I gave my Andriod phone to my GF and took her basic nokia phone. Stripped my life down to the basic. I eliminated anything that needs cooking from the house. So its just cereal, tuna, etc…

I am going all in, sick of this exam, best of luck to all !

That’s why I call you all… THE BRAVE ONES !

I’m with Ohai. There’s no reason that 250+ hours of studying can’t be crammed into a month.

I passed CFA exams both using the long part-time study method (5 months x 14 hours/wk), and also the short full-time study method (5 weeks x 8hrs/day), and the short full-time way is (in my experience) easier and more effective.

Studying 8 hours a day isn’t really very difficult if you can free yourself from most other commitments. Think about it: If you get a full 8 hours sleep each night, that still leaves 16 waking hours every day. If you study 50% of your waking hours, that’s 8 hours a day.

I wouldn’t try to read for 8 hours straight: First I’d read for half-an-hour or so. Then I’d do some Qbank for maybe 15 minutes. Or maybe create some flashcards. Or look at Secret Sauce. Or watch a video. Then, I’d walk around the block. Repeat.

As Ohai pointed out, the sense of urgency (one month til test time!) becomes a huge motivator.

I can’t study 8 hours a day because it will interfere with my golf, tennis, and surfing. No charter is worth foregoing these things entirely. I’d much rather just start earlier and do it slowly.

Tomorrow marks 60 days until the exam. Tomorrow I begin my long term out of town assignment too, I’m going to be working out of town and living in a hotel 4 days a week, so I’m starting my sprint to the finish. I’ll have relatively few distractions (no social life, no friends in this city) so it should be easier to focus.

If I fail L2, I’ll know I went down fighting.

i have no distractions at home, i dont feel my phone haunting me, the tv begging for my attention, or the constant and nagging need to play with something, it’s weird like that i almost feel independent and able to apply my freewill to my own decision-making… weird, i guess i have come down with something, i do hope i get better real soon and become the whimsical shadow of a self i know and love

Hey Mrs Wenny, whatever disease you have could you pass it to me pls? smiley

Alladin you passed the exam last year right? how are you these days?

studying 10 hrs a day will drive me crazy. i don’t know how some people do it.

Same. I can’t do more than 4-5 hrs in a day without losing my mind.

Nice to hear from you Penny…and yes i passed last year (phew)…apart from that not much is going on…applied to a door-to-door fund raising job but got no call backs along with other dead ends …anyways,how are you doing? If i remember correctly you were working in Switzerland?? yes

I studied less than 300 hours for L3, less than 200 for L2 and L1. I think it’s doable. The key is your ability to concentrate during those 10 hours. For example I can’t study more than 45 minutes without taking a 15-30 minutes brake, my brain gets toasty.

Can it be done? I’m sure it can, just don’t bet your house on it.

Put me in the camp that says it can be done. I seem to be able to study all day for days in a row if I put my mind to it, although I wouldn’t necessarily recommend that for everyone. You have to be disciplined about it though and realize when you are no longer really absorbing anything and just flipping pages.

Yeah baby ! … that’s the spirit. Use anti-glare wax under the eyes and around as a soldier, and do 40 push ups, 100 crunches, and 20 pull ups after every chapter to keep you pumped. You won’t be denied.

I did L3 in 28 days studying full time. Finished my first read through a couple days before the exam, studied 10+ hours a day (including on e 52 hour study session where I never left my chair except bathroom and food / coffee). So yeah, can definitely be done. L1 I knocked out in 6 weeks while working full time, but most weekends were 10-16 hour study sessions. I’m not saying it’s for everyone, but it is possible despite what some are saying. And while CT and some are wouldn’t want to give up sports or leisure entirely, there’s also an upside to giving up recreation for 4-6 weeks and just getting it over with so you can get back to fun full time instead of walking a balancing act for six months.