how many hours you work?

How does anyone complete CFA whilst working 60 hours plus…?

I would say most people do all or some of the CFA before they start jobs like this

For example 8am-8pm my longest days at a bank in middle/front office + commute over an hour.

Get home at 9pm change, eat dinner, shower, already 10pm try and read CFA with my eyes burning from hours of excel, fail miserably,

look at clock its 12pm already and think fml i gotta be up in 6 hours. #livingthedream

I doubt you work the whole time. I studied at work.

Yah keep the ebook in a minimized window and when you have any spare moment, read.

8 am to 8 pm? Wtf man? If anyone is productive for that long they need a god damn medal

I used to take my flashcards to work with me. I would sit off to the side and run through them during my down time. Guys would see me and ask what I was doing. I would them I am studying for CFA and they would give me money. That dang test paid for itself a few times over :+1:.

are you doing L2?

They are giving you money but I don’t think it has anything to do with the test.

IB (and other jobs) is like being a cashier. You’re not actually doing work the whole time, but you still have to stand at attendance. It just so happens that some people on a power trip will yell at you if you just so happen to not be there in the middle of the night.

Negative. The only reason I took a path into finance was because I was interested in markets. I have discovered that at my age and with my academic / work background, obtaining the charter would bring me zero percent closer to finding a place in the industry doing what I want. As ridiculous as it sound, learning to trade on my own is the most probable chance I have of “working in finance” in a way that I would enjoy.

Also, between dancing and my working in trading/ market studies… I work 60+ hours a week :neutral_face:

technically its 9-5 but i only really work about 20 hours a week… between 2 hour lunches… walking in late/leaving early my 100k salary doesn’t look so bad. also get 30 days paid vacation plus holidays… its too easy honestly… id like to make more and am willing to work more for it… Ive had a job in the past that leaving at 8pm was “early” and 9pm normal… ill do it again for the right price

that’s the only way to get any studying done!

I guess you don’t work or know anyone who works in Asia…

^ or america it would seem

12 hours a day, 5 days a week mostly. Sometimes 6-8 hours on Saturdays. My record is 97 hours in 6 days… I miss that job sometimes.

Do any of you fools make bank working this much? I work way less than 40 a week and make over 200k. Get to stay ripped and pursue other activities. I love America

No, not even close.

lol 8am - 8pm some days not every day.

An average day would probably be 8-6 but with commute like 7 to 7 - was an Asian bank & studying at work was impossible.

Open plan office everybody can see your desk/screen and boss next to you - impossible to get revision done plus i had way too much work.

Anyway i would be happy to do longer hours if CFA completed.

How old are you?

edit : if you’re stallionds no effing way are you getting 200k. what a lie!

33 you little skinny Indian

HAH, so you playing a 33 year old 5’4’’ afro haired jew who pops molly and pulls in 200 k?

you wack homie :wink: