How many of you guys on AF now are unemployed?

IronMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Danteshek Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > J. Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Currently unemployed, but in process of being > > > recruted (3 months in)… > > > I have a verbal confirmation of my hiring, > but > > to > > > avoid being screwed like Danteshek, I’ll > remain > > on > > > my guards until I have signed my employment > > > contract. > > > > > > However, if I do get the position I am aiming > > for, > > > then I’ll be like needhelp, which is > > > over-employed. Wish me luck!!! > > > > > > J. > > > > Make sure it really is an enforceable contract. > > > Employers don’t usually hand these out to > junior > > employees. I had a offer signed by a partner > > before they rescinded. > > > > For the record, I am still unemployed but have > a > > couple irons in the fire. > > what happened to dante? He said he got anal raped by those Russians.

underemployed but shouldnt really complain given im working.

Happy to still be earning a paycheck (for now.) Dodged a round of layoffs in July. Although, so far this year I’m earning roughly 40% less than last year (I guess that makes me underemployed.) Another big round of layoffs coming in Jan. and I may not be able to dodge the reaper again. For those of you unemployed, what are you doing with your free time? Going for another designation, etc? If I’m out I’ll probably get deep into getting FSA again - since I previously put that on hold for a while.

“The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions.” FSA = http://www.fsahq.org/?

2timecharlie, CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For those of you unemployed, what are you doing > with your free time? Going for another > designation, etc? If I’m out I’ll probably get > deep into getting FSA again - since I previously > put that on hold for a while. I’m cramming for Level 1. Afterwards I have tax updates to review for my seasonal position coming up. Otherwise I’m betting that I get into B School next fall.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Better question how many are underemployed I submitted a proposal to do research in Beijing/Shanghai on “Effects on Underemployment on the Economy in China” through a Fulbright. Denied. They like those artsy history/literature ‘asian culture’ researchers instead of people looking into real issues.

I consider myself one of the lucky few to get hired straight out of school this year. Even though the job is government based, they are the ones who offered me the highest salary. The benefits rock and the work is stimulating.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I consider myself one of the lucky few to get > hired straight out of school this year. Even > though the job is government based, they are the > ones who offered me the highest salary. The > benefits rock and the work is stimulating. You must be an aide to the Clintons during the 90s. Seems like only those guys are getting any government jobs these days.

some of yall may wanna consider financial advising. they are usually hiring ( at least the Ameriprise and AXA are always looking). its brutal, i stuck it out for a couple years. its like, “your hired, now go produce.” however, they typically pay or reimburse you for the Series 7, 63, 65, 66, insurance license. at least you get that. of course i cant say if they are hiring in your neck of the woods, but dont be too quick to dismiss it. good luck in these tough times everyone.

The bank I am interning at, had major layoffs in sales and trading globally today. Some people in NYC were let go, these are rolling layoffs though, today was just the beginning.