How many other IT guys are here?

Many old C++ projects is now converted to C#. I am talking about Cantor Fitzgerald - my previous company. At my current job (h/f) we have 100% of .Net apps. and some Matlab.

We are using C and Java here (hf). The older stuff is in C, and newer stuff is being done in Java.

dlpicket Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Any of you guys played around with this: > > http://www.opentick.com > > I had to put it away when I started studying, but > its a pretty easy way to get your hands on market > data and run code on it with your preferred > language. I wrote some java code yesterday and tried to run it. We have to give the correct username/password which we signed up at thier website http://www.opentick.com/. And now they have stopped any further registerations, until further notice. “opentick is upgrading its network infrastructure and temporarily cannot accept new users. Existing users should not experience any interruption of service. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to accepting many new users, very shortly. Please fill out the following information and we will contact you as soon as we’re ready.”

This 250K caught my eye ! - Is this in USD? Even if it was in USD I fond it very subjective and dont believe it for a moment in all honestly especially given you re 30 years old and not a senior architect / management Put another way I work in IT and have worked at a top 3 IB bank in front office credit derivs in the good times. People there were on average on a base of 110K USD with a 30 % bonus and those were the good times and when people performed. I think 250K is extremely far fetched so I d like some concrete evidence of where this number has magically appeared from

Add me to the list. In IT. trying to get out. reeeallly trying to get out. IT Consulting with no desire to code, and no desire to be a ‘staff augment’. why is IT a ‘curse’ for those who are trying to get out? hopefully by the time i finish my p/t program at top 5 mba program (current student), I can finally get out. But until then, i hope i can stay patient.