how much salary/compensation will increase after you pass L3

they’ll probably give me a “good game” that’s the bonus.

busy_people can you email me the info of the resume write you used this name @ aol

I wasn’t expecting anything given that the CFA isn’t required for my job so it was a nice surprise 3 days after the results came out to get a 10% rise.

Nothing, and when my supervisor told the general manager of the department that i passed he did not even congratulate me neither knew what the CFA charter is…

£3k

Promotion: My boss was fired and I am doing his job Bonus: I can take home a sticky pad from the office. '08 comp: If I have a job, that’s my comp. By the way, did I mention I work at a mortgage lender.

I think once you pass the 3 levels, to your employer it means the same as getting the charter. However, most firms are unlikely to raise your salary (my firm included). If you are looking for a raise for passing level 3, the best way to get it is by applying for another job.

I am in the Newyork tristate area. Regarding the resume writer, I used one of them who had advertised on dice or monster. Don’t remember the name. He had a special going on, so could get it for 200 bucks. normally, it costs 300 to 500. resume writer experience was a pain to go thru, they send you a long questionnarie with too many, often abstract questions… had to go thru multiple iterations (they sometimes charge per iteration), but the end product was worth it. I couldn’t have done so well. he promised delivery in a week, but took three weeks, that too, I had to constantly followup. Suggest, finding someone who had written a book on resume writing. There are plenty of them.

Most apt observation I’ve heard, “You only get market compensation when you leave.” I passed L2 in June and will be starting with a new firm/role in Oct and finally getting market comp. The CFA levels were helpful in the interview process, but definitely only a part of the package.

Busy_people thats awesome! You mentioned you moved out of IT to your current job. I am in IT too and want to move into Finance. Can you please suggest some steps. I am taking CFA level 1 this December. I would really appreciate your help. I am based in the New York area. You can also email me at Mr.Clarke123@gmail.com

busy_people would you like to share the headhunters list? I need few good ones. RK2

nothing at all. Infact I can’t find a job to save my life. but I guess that’s what you deserve for living in Toronto