How to Beat Procrastination

7 pages a day… are you sure that gives you sufficient time?

are you doing practice on top of that or just doing reading???

i would urge you to pick up the pace… if possible.

How I beat procrastination: start with the most difficult or undesirable task

1. You should be reading the material more than once

2. There are more important topics than others. Spending equal amounts of time on every page is not efficient.

You may be able to read them just once, who knows, some people learn everything from reading once.

BUT you have to do questions, and mock exams EARLY to test whether or not you truly understand the material and exam ready!

Do not count pages… count study sessions! say if you have 5 months to go and there are 20 study sessions then you should do approximately 4 sessions each month, but within the month you should also do the questions for those 4 study sessions.

I usually just take a nap until it goes away.

wink

Nooooo… mock exams are available way earlier, plus you can find old ones online (the ones from CFAI posted previously but people have kept them and posted online), as well as external providers and Elan and Schweser…

you need to do your homework!

One great method to avoid procrastination is to be like Nana and only post at 3-5am local time.

^I like Nana’s posts and she seems like a nice person so I didn’t want to say that outright, but I do struggle to see how someone can consistently post between 1am and 5am in Tokyo time if they hold a regular job, as is implied. Maybe she just doesn’t sleep. Or maybe the Japanese work weird hours. I give her the benefit of the doubt.

I do not sleep normal hours!!! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Nana was a 42 year old virgin man living in his mother’s basement in a suburb in Cleveland.

i disagree. I don’t think it’s possible to over study for an exam that you can only take once per year.

Yes you can. Study for 700 quality hours. Start in September like I did for L3. It’s bull$hit that it’s useless to start 9 months before. It’s not. It allowed me to read the material several times and each time I understood more.

Judging by my emails, I overstudied, but overstudying beats restudying!!!

^ Exactly

^I was trying to be a little facetious. I was agreeing with you, in a round-about way.

Sorry if that wasn’t obvious.

It’s sometimes hard to figure you out. Now that i reread it sober I see it.

You are almost right except i am 46.

:slight_smile:

Wish I had gone through this thread earlier!!

I started v v slowly mid Nov. Started getting serious and determined only by the end of January. Now I feel sooo behind my schedule!

That’s cheating