How to start

CFA’er, another thought… in Level 1, when you get through Quant, you might want to go straight to Portfolio Mgmt - they cover similar territory - covariance, portf st. dev, correlation, regression. Otherwise you might get there 2 months later and say “hang on, I read something about this a couple of months ago” . Might be better to do them all at once so it all fits together. also agree with crease123… for the accounting stuff (FSA), I found it best mid-way through after I got the hang of the process - learn - drill - practice questions. You just gotta learn it. There are a few key things that you need to nail - DTA/DTL, POC/CC, Cap-Lease/Op-Lease, Direct/Indirect CFO, Dupont, all the depreciation methods, etc. Not hard conceptually, just lots of rules and very boring - needs lots of drilling and practice questions. Unless you are an accounting major, starting with this might drive you mad… EVeryone’s got a different view about where to start (sorry!). I suppose the only message is - don’t put it off too long - start somewhere - if it doesn’t work, start another session and come back later. AND do lots of practice questions all the way… cheers…