How useful is Schweser for level 3?

Used schweser for all 3 exams and did CFAI end of chapter questions. Passed each exam on first try. Best advice is get through material quick and leave about 2 months for review.

Schweser is enough. I passed handily using Schweser + CFAI EOCs.

Definitely for the Private Wealth Management / Institutional Investors section. Marc Lefebvre’s lectures were also extremely helpful for me (Economics, GIPS, etc.).

as useful as a butter knife when being attacked by a great white shark

Be sure to ask those who failed how they studied. How many of them used only curriculum?

CFAI curriculum is wayyyyy too wordy. Schweser Notes are a big help when you are first trying to understand concepts.

Nonehteless, after that, go over the curriculum, especially the blue box examples and EOC questions at least once. They will cover the 10% that Schweser did not and increase your chances. Beyond that, the curriculum has nuances that Schweser does not have and those will come in handy (in the exam as well as actually learning and retaining the CBOK.)

And of course, search for “essay” on CFAI website and download all the AM exams and guideline answers you find. Then do all the exams. Very very helpful.

From what I gathered on this forum, most successful candidates have used videos to supplement their preparation for Level 3.

We all can answer mutliple choice questions, what I am looking for in videos is how to deal with constructed response questions.

I checked Schweser and the other guys for videos.

I had the chance to listen to Marc Lefebvre in one of schweser videos ( I think it was level 2)and he was really good, cant say the same for the other guys in the other sessions for the same level . David Hetherington name came up a lot for level 3 on this forum, so I checked his video and boy I almost enrolled with Schweser. I hope Marc and David cover as many sessions as possible ( Can someone Confirm?)

Initially with Arif, I was a bit sceptical with his thick accent ( no matter how good a lecturer is, if we cant understand what he is saying, then he is useless). However, as the video progressed, I found him articulate and liked his style. What I like about Arif videos is that you have the option to buy a video on a specific study session, which I wished Schweser had!

I checked Allen resources, they are terrible! Elan was good for Level 1,however I do not know how good they would be in Level 3 especially for IPS.

I hope we get more feedbacks from successful and unsuccessful candidates sharing their experiences of the qualifty of the videos of the different providers.

For the videos, right now, I am debating between Schweser and Arif.

Cheers,

From what I gathered on this forum, most successful candidates have used videos to supplement their preparation for Level 3.

We all can answer mutliple choice questions, what I am looking for in videos is how to deal with constructed response questions.

I checked Schweser and the other guys for videos.

I had the chance to listen to Marc Lefebvre in one of schweser videos ( I think it was level 2)and he was really good, cant say the same for the other guys in the other sessions for the same level . David Hetherington name came up a lot for level 3 on this forum, so I checked his video and boy I almost enrolled with Schweser. I hope Marc and David cover as many sessions as possible ( Can someone Confirm?)

Initially with Arif, I was a bit sceptical with his thick accent ( no matter how good a lecturer is, if we cant understand what he is saying, then he is useless). However, as the video progressed, I found him articulate and liked his style. What I like about Arif videos is that you have the option to buy a video on a specific study session, which I wished Schweser had!

I checked Allen resources, they are terrible! Elan was good for Level 1,however I do not know how good they would be in Level 3 especially for IPS.

I hope we get more feedbacks from successful and unsuccessful candidates sharing their experiences of the qualifty of the videos of the different providers.

For the videos, right now, I am debating between Schweser and Arif.

Cheers,

Yep! I can confirm that. It was predominantly Marc, and David handled the portfolio management chapters. Greg Filbeck also had a few. Bruce Kuhlman covered the behavioral finance section and IMO did a really great job with that.

Schweser material should be sufficient for Level 3. For Level 3 I never referred to CFAI material or even Schweser videos. However in last 2 levels Schweser videos turned out to be of big help. So one can rely on Schweser books and videos for L3.

It seems that going through the curriculums is better than just notes if U have enough time, like beginning to open books since now.

anyone know if schweser videos will run properly on windows 8?

…I’m a newbie on this forum and i’m not sure there’s any other Nigerian(…stand to be corrected.) I passed level 2 exclusively on Schweser notes and EOC questions. Over here, Schweser has quite a reputation, many of my friends have passed through it, but no one I know has passed without thoroughly going through CFA curicullum questions.

I only used Schweser for level 3. didn’t use for level 1 and used partially for level 2. Level 3 I didn’t have time for the curriculum books , so I used Schweser and it worked like a charm.

Guys for qbank, if i opt for cd, how many times can i install? I mean how many compie? I have one mac (with office on it) and also laptop/surface/ipad. I might want to install one in big compie and another the mobileone

if the qbank cd can only be installed once i rather buy the online version and save myself 50 bucks

thanks