Hyperinflation question

Wasting cotton by printing too much money is bad for the envirnoment??? I like it!

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hungarian Pengo after WWII > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_pengo > > The Hungarian economy could only be stabilized by > the introduction of a new currency, and so, on 1 > August 1946, the forint was introduced at a rate > of 400 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 or > 4×1029 (short scale: four hundred octillion; long > scale: four hundred quadrilliard) pengõ. The > adópengõ was replaced at a rate of two hundred > million to the forint (hence the 2×1021 ratio, > mentioned above). The exchange rate for the US > dollar was set at 11.74 forints. I didn’t know this and would have guessed Weimar any day. Nice factoid.

pulled that out of my Advanced Macro Eco class textbook in university. My buddy was Hungarian as well and got me some pengo. Every Central Banker should have a couple of these ridiculous bank notes on their desk