Hypothetical - Bench Warrant for Arrest

I think anything potentially over two/three years would be enough to run. I’m not built for that life. As far as escaping. I don’t actually think it would be that hard. I don’t know why. As long as you’re not going to be put on some type of most wanted list and you picture everywhere I think you could even continue to live in the USA. Just somewhere kinda rural and run down.

I googled countries that don’t have treaties. I’m leaning toward Indonesia, Madagascar, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or China. Sounds like you just want to get East.

Where’s my boy IEV on this one? I know he has an escape route in place when sht pops off!

Where’s my boy IEV on this one? I know he has an escape route in place when sht pops off!

Probably too arrogant to admit to themselves that they would be found guilty. I know of a Jamaica guy who was facing 20 years for cocain charges yet decided to stick around for trail. The evidence was overwhelming; EVERYONE snitched. Lawyer told him he could get him off and the fool believed him. He was found guilty and is doing seven. I think lawyers have a lot to do with someone deciding to stay. I mean how much would they get paid if a client skips town vs going through trial?

I would run away to Phuket now, don’t need a pending sentence.

^ Why don’t you then?

This. Every man of importance has multiple passports.

How do you think you could live in the US? Wouldn’t an oustanding bench warrant be over your head leaving you one jaywalking ticket from the tank?

I probably wouldn’t drive anymore since realistically that’s the only time people run your info (or get a corporate job). If millions of people can live in America without identification why couldn’t I? I mean this guy just moved to California and he was on the most wanted list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitey_Bulger. I think I’d have to adjust my line of work, but it would be doable. I could give diving tours for a scuba company or fishing trips (as long as I don’t learn to drive). I could live in a run down motel that is just glad to have people paying. I could put up flyers in small midwestern cities to do manual labor (painting, landscaping). Maybe this is too simplistic but I feel like if you control your expectations of what you could do it would be easy to get away with.

Another example. This ‘career criminal’ was not only dumb enough not to run, but also smart enough to hang around the vicinity in broad daylight after an announced manhunt.

I guess dumb criminals are better than smart criminals…but still…

Brian Fitch Sr. was arrested Wednesday night after a day-long manhunt and a shootout with police. He’s accused of shooting Mendota Heights police officer Scott Patrick during a traffic stop just before 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Authorities received a tip and tracked Fitch down in St. Paul near Rice and Sycamore Streets. Fitch opened fire, and officers returned fire, shooting and seriously injuring him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/mendota-heights-minn-shot-dead-attraffic-stop-reports-article-1.1885862

Without giving too much away, I had a front row seat to some of the goings on with this story. I could see the roadblocks, the choppers and the dozens of police cars going back and forth for most of the afternoon right out my office window. Didn’t get much done that day.

I missed this thread back in April, but the incident in your link had us discussing this at the water cooler. Someone asked me what I would do and my answer scared people. Apparently most people don’t think about these things at all. I spend a lot of time thinking about these things, just for fun. I was in high school when Columbine went down. My friends and I had several conversations about how you could best take out a school of 1800. How many people to cover doors, how much ammunition, how to control for breaches of windows/doors, etc. There was nothing malicious about the discussion, but it was probably in bad taste.

As for me, if I’m jumping bail, or an active fugitive, I’m really in trouble. 6’7 and 330 doesn’t blend in. That said, I’m a pretty avid outdoorsman and could likely pull an Eric Rudolph for some amount of time. Head west by any means necessary and try to pilfer from campgrounds to get a stash of supplies. There are lots of public lands that allow backwoods camping. Spend some time laying low and changing your appearance. Weight loss, beard, etc. As mentioned previously, if you don’t have a lot of cash, you’re going to need some. Manual labor for pay isn’t a bad idea, neither is seasonal work in ranching, timber, etc. With the proper cultivation of a circle of friends/acquanitances, it is possible to fall in with an off-the-grid type. We’re looking for someone between “Ron Paul is too liberal” and “The John Birch Society are my kind of people.” There really isn’t an end game here. You’re basically hoping to stumble into enough provisions to start a new, wildly unfulfilling life. Food, shelter and hard work.

I don’t know about you guys, but I watched the last sesaon of Breaking Bad and I’m pretty sure I could figure out how to get away if it came down to it.

Also, the remote controlled machine gun out of the trunk? I could do that too.