Hypothetical pass mark question

lol some discuss pass scores - others pass rates

FWIW, Our Stalla Mock Exam professor said the average grade on the AM section is 50%. The thing I had a hard time getting at , if the average is 50%, and lets say on average 505 of the people who take the exam pass, what on earth does that mean to John who was in possesion of this information prior to taking the test? Surely that is nonpublic and material. All kidding aside, they truly did tell us the average grade on the essay section is 50%. What that means for each of us is up for debate.

I recon the passing score will be higher than 50% this year but my guess would be 55% am 65% pm so the passing rate should be around 60% to 65% at most.

wuyuan17 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How can be 54 overall? > > if it is so, 80% people will pass. ^Analysis fail. Distinguish fact from opinion, show your analysis.

I think 50% on am sounds about right. I used 7city this year and the written paper mocks had a median of below 50. Admittedly, not saying this is a representative sample size but I would have thought most people don’t use prep courses.