I am in deep deep trouble and i think i would fail level 1

I have completed 1 and a half schweser mocks and here are my scores

Am 62%, Pm 60%

Yesterday I gave another mock after practicing weak areas and got a score of 66%.

However these are not good results as many of guys in this forum are getting scores of above 75%. What should I do to improve my score I am in panic mode right now as there is not much time left.

@gigaloo

So nice to hear from you, I have read your several posts how are you getting such high scores of above 75% on mocks. My highest score is 66% recently.

What should I do to improve my score to above 70% on schweser.

First of all, don’t look at others’ scores! Comparing yourself to others is just going to make you panic, which you really don’t need on top of all your stress already. The only thing you should be comparing your scores to is the number 70. Ideally you should aim for 70% or above, but I’ve been told that realistically you’ll pass if you get around 65% (but i would still aim for 70% to be on the safe side).

What’s working for me right now is rereading the concepts i’m not doing well on and then using the Qbank right after i’m done reading. I feel that I actually am able to retain more info this way. If you haven’t gotten 70%+ in Ethics, FRA, and Quant, then I’d focus more on those since they’re weighted the most. Also remember to give your brain 15-30min breaks every so often. Good luck!

I completely agree with d-bid’s comment. I started preparing in July, you started in september: see the difference? Stop comparing with others. It will only discourage you. Utilize the time you have in the best way possible and keep 70% as your ideal target, not someone else’s score. If you are confident with the concepts then do loads of questions/mocks for practice. If you are not confident spend some time on concepts and then do loads of questions/mocks.

How are you guys calculating mock exam scores? The number of questions you got right divided by the total number of questions, or the percentage of questions got right in each section multiplied by the weights attached to that section? ( eg. Got 70% questions in FRA right x 20% weightage = 14% in FRA)

I calculate weight of each topic just to follow-up how well I am doing in certain topic.

Anyway, those result are weighted already in overall result and this mean that if you reach over 70 % you have not underperformed in certain topic ( less than 60 %). Do not forget consider both sessions, AM & PM as one common exam.

I just completed a Schweser mock and got a score of 75%.

I got 42% in fixed income which is a significant drop from before. there are many concepts in fixed income which are confusing. How should I improve on this topic.

What is your evaluation on my score is it enough considering the time left for the exam?

Advice is needed for the next few days.

Make sure that you cover all the areas. CFA Level 1 tests a little about everything.

Concentrate on the CFAI mock not Schweser.

get your score, and spend 80% of your time on the weak areas.

Do Schweser Qbank concentrating on those areas, or EOC in CFAI text.

One nice thing about the Level 1 exam is that the questions are by topic sections. - You can jump straight to the topics you feel you’re stronger on instead of working through the questions sequentially. You want to spend the most time on the sections you feel you have a chance of doing well on rather than wasting time trying to figure out questions on your weaker subjects that you have a lower chance of getting right. That said, answer every question even if you’re just guessing because there isn’t a penalty for incorrect answers, as there is on some standardized tests.

I mean this in the nicest way but one positive about being behind on your studies is that you’ll probably feel sick throughout the exam so you won’t be psychologically thrown off when you hit a run of questions that you really don’t know the answers to. Even if the morning exam is awful, come back for the afternoon session. Sometimes candidates find one session easier than the other.

You’ve got another week to study. A lot can come together in a week. Trust me on this.

Good luck.

I have this strange experience about questions you completely don’t understand, pick the option you’d think it is the least correct. And chances are it ends up being the correct answer. This idea is very silly, and it probably doesn’t work, but you sure won’t leave blank answers in this exam.

Ditto here, especially in case of Ethics. I’m like according to logic, this may not be answer so let’s tick this and it turns out to be right.

[/quote]
Ditto here, especially in case of Ethics. I’m like according to logic, this may not be answer so let’s tick this and it turns out to be right.

[/quote]

Agree on the ethics side - or just pick whatever is the most conservative thing to do ethically