I am officially Afraid of Level 3

i m pretty confident still yes there are a lot of materials but that shouldnt scare you away how did you pass L1 and L2 ?

mwvt9, we already lost bannisja, dinesh and cfaboston28 behind in L2, we cannot afford to leave you behind on this forum for another year.

I started studying January 09. Gone through the material but not feeling confident at all! Level 2; I had 2 apply the formulae. L3, I have to say whether risk is above or below average . I tell you, that can get very subjective. Thats why im scared.

“You don’t have a 1/3 chance of guessing correctly, but you also don’t have a 2/3 chance of guessing incorrectly.” You just blew my mind.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I won’t pass this exam on the first shot. the feeling is mutual… the first read through schweser seemed ok…now that i’m going back and doing the cfai eoc questions…feeling like $H1T!!! dunno if i’ll even complete them all before the exams…let alone doing practice tests…

If you run up against time constraints and can’t formally work through the questions just read over the answers instead.

lol, the scaresharer thread… Okay, then… it’s been fun feeling the fear…let’s kill this monster anyway…

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I won’t pass this exam on the first shot. amplified failure bias syndrome. mwvt9, I noticed all your fears on this forum never really happened to you…

omoobagberume Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I won’t pass this exam on the first shot. > > > amplified failure bias syndrome. mwvt9, I noticed > all your fears on this forum never really happened > to you… First of all, you don’t know half of the fears that I have. Second, my fears this time don’t come from the material itself (as they did at level II), but my apparent lack of focus this time. There are less than 80 days to go and I just don’t care. I have never had that happen before. I am trying to get through it, but I have no confidence that I will because I have never been in this position. I can understand why you are discounting me. Kind of like the boy who yelled wolf too many times. I hope you are right and this fear won’t come true either.

As someone who took level 3 twice so far I’ll say you need a deep, thorough understanding of the concepts. Memorization won’t cut it. Also you’ll need to be able to integrate multiple concepts at one time (i.e. institutional IPS, asset allocation, and risk managment). I thought after breezing through 1 and 2 that 3 would be icing on the cake- wasn’t the case. Also some other advise which I will try to heed better in June- answer the question on the essay that they ask, not the question you wish they had asked.

anyone who is a LIII candidate and still panics before this exam is a straight up pansy. who cares?! does it feel good to try and convince yourself that you suck and you’ll fail? if you don’t have confidence in your abilities now, you might as well accept that you’ll be an overconfident, ignorant to the fact forecaster who is oblivious to his own mistakes, yet, when he receives his CFA, will attribute it entirely to his skill.