I cannot sleep tonight

Crazy to do this! Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t know about the rest of you but today has > been the most unproductive day in the history of > my working life! > > I’m seriously considering taking leave for > tomorrow cos I can’t concentrate on anything > else… maybe I’ll catch a movie or two For me, Levels I and II were much worse in that way. The difference, I presume, is the certainty about the time of unveiling.

Tomorrow is going to be even less productive for me. I will likely head out around noon to enjoy freedom or drown my sorrows.

I think my most unproductive days were in the week immediately following the exam while we were all trying to piece the questions together.

Today wont be productive at all. I might as well just stay home and watch tv all day

No offense but if your mother is worrying, that is her fault. There is absolutely no productivity in worry. It is faith or expectation in reverse. You can’t control another person’s emotions. Your only power lies in what you can do. As long as your achievements and progress in life are based on satisfying other’s perceived emotions, you will be pulled every which way until you break… physically, mentally, and emotionally.

God, yea - yesterday it was easy to say there are other things in life and look at the bigger picture…but toniiiiiiiiight, tonight all I can think of is WHEN will I find out already. I just need to know and then can continue with my life… I can’t leave work till the end of the day, which sux but will be really hard to stay focused for all of us!! The only other thing I can think of is how I didn’t finish the last essay question… whyyyyyy… Anyway, what is done is done, now we just wait. Good luck everyone!!!

choti Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > God, yea - yesterday it was easy to say there are > other things in life and look at the bigger > picture…but toniiiiiiiiight, tonight all I can > think of is WHEN will I find out already. I just > need to know and then can continue with my life… > I can’t leave work till the end of the day, which > sux but will be really hard to stay focused for > all of us!! > > The only other thing I can think of is how I > didn’t finish the last essay question… > whyyyyyy… > > Anyway, what is done is done, now we just wait. > Good luck everyone!!! just last?

You guys are way over the top. It _is_ just an exam. No one cares whether it takes a gajillion times to pass. No one cares that I passed 3x3; ;I don’t tell them and the only people that ask are < 25 yrs old. Many of you sound like you are new to the industry or are recent college grads. Get the necessary experience and everything seems to take care of itself, including the exam. Not so much because what you learn on the job applies to the exam, but you simply approach the exam much more level-headed. If you don’t pass, you can take it again next year. Yah, so you lose a bit of time. And time is one thing you can’t get back. Although some of you may not be able to relate, many outside of the northeast cannot, but there isn’t a day that passes that I don’t think about 9/11. I now live far away from NYC and miss it everyday. Still, I am nonplussed at the cavalier ways people go about things and how they treat people. Try to keep things in perspective. Tomorrow is another day and the sun will come up on Wednesday, just the same no matter what happens on Tuesday. Kiss you g/f or b/f, wife/husband, dog/cat. Or find one of those to bring into your life. A test is just a test. Appreciate those around you and let them know that, especially now, fail or pass. Enough soapbox. All the best to you out there waiting for 9:00 EDT. bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Remember that the value of a person is not > necessarily what they have obtained, but what they > had to overcome to achieve it. This is as much > about internal struggles as external obstacles. > It’s your ability to pick yourself up afterwards, > dust yourself off, and return to the fight that is > at least as admirable as winning the fight itself. > You’re allowed to be hurt, and you may need time > to recover or heal, but in the end, it’s just an > exam, and there are many other dimensions of life > to enjoy and excel in. > > So in the language of the CFA priesthood, go and > diversify your sources of life satisfaction. :wink:

I know it’s just an exam but i’m still drinking like a fish with a water problem to get to sleep. I may as well be hung over when the the “FAIL” “FAIL” “FAIL” hits me in the face tomorrow morning (i had “THE LINK”).

It’s been a good ride guys. =) See you in the morning.

nycjdc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You guys are way over the top. It _is_ just an > exam. No one cares whether it takes a gajillion > times to pass. No one cares that I passed 3x3; ;I > don’t tell them and the only people that ask are < > 25 yrs old. Many of you sound like you are new to > the industry or are recent college grads. Get the > necessary experience and everything seems to take > care of itself, including the exam. Not so much > because what you learn on the job applies to the > exam, but you simply approach the exam much more > level-headed. > > If you don’t pass, you can take it again next > year. Yah, so you lose a bit of time. And time is > one thing you can’t get back. Although some of > you may not be able to relate, many outside of the > northeast cannot, but there isn’t a day that > passes that I don’t think about 9/11. I now live > far away from NYC and miss it everyday. Still, I > am nonplussed at the cavalier ways people go about > things and how they treat people. > > Try to keep things in perspective. Tomorrow is > another day and the sun will come up on Wednesday, > just the same no matter what happens on Tuesday. > Kiss you g/f or b/f, wife/husband, dog/cat. Or > find one of those to bring into your life. A test > is just a test. Appreciate those around you and > let them know that, especially now, fail or pass. > Enough soapbox. > > All the best to you out there waiting for 9:00 > EDT. > > > > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Remember that the value of a person is not > > necessarily what they have obtained, but what > they > > had to overcome to achieve it. This is as much > > about internal struggles as external obstacles. > > It’s your ability to pick yourself up > afterwards, > > dust yourself off, and return to the fight that > is > > at least as admirable as winning the fight > itself. > > You’re allowed to be hurt, and you may need > time > > to recover or heal, but in the end, it’s just > an > > exam, and there are many other dimensions of > life > > to enjoy and excel in. > > > > So in the language of the CFA priesthood, go > and > > diversify your sources of life satisfaction. :wink: Very nice post. I can’t imagine how much that would effect my life having lived and worked in NYC on 9/11. Your so right, there is more to life than this. Some folks are very sick, or worse yet have kids that are sick; some don’t know where their next meal comes from; some are fighting overseas for our way of life. I can’t agree more, live for today and be humble for all of your opportunities in life. Thanks for posting here even though you’ve finished, I really feel the same way, even though I am nervous.

nycjdc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You guys are way over the top. It _is_ just an > exam. No one cares whether it takes a gajillion > times to pass. No one cares that I passed 3x3; ;I > don’t tell them and the only people that ask are < > 25 yrs old. Many of you sound like you are new to > the industry or are recent college grads. Get the > necessary experience and everything seems to take > care of itself, including the exam. Not so much > because what you learn on the job applies to the > exam, but you simply approach the exam much more > level-headed. > > If you don’t pass, you can take it again next > year. Yah, so you lose a bit of time. And time is > one thing you can’t get back. Although some of > you may not be able to relate, many outside of the > northeast cannot, but there isn’t a day that > passes that I don’t think about 9/11. I now live > far away from NYC and miss it everyday. Still, I > am nonplussed at the cavalier ways people go about > things and how they treat people. > > Try to keep things in perspective. Tomorrow is > another day and the sun will come up on Wednesday, > just the same no matter what happens on Tuesday. > Kiss you g/f or b/f, wife/husband, dog/cat. Or > find one of those to bring into your life. A test > is just a test. Appreciate those around you and > let them know that, especially now, fail or pass. > Enough soapbox. > > All the best to you out there waiting for 9:00 > EDT. > > > > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Remember that the value of a person is not > > necessarily what they have obtained, but what > they > > had to overcome to achieve it. This is as much > > about internal struggles as external obstacles. > > It’s your ability to pick yourself up > afterwards, > > dust yourself off, and return to the fight that > is > > at least as admirable as winning the fight > itself. > > You’re allowed to be hurt, and you may need > time > > to recover or heal, but in the end, it’s just > an > > exam, and there are many other dimensions of > life > > to enjoy and excel in. > > > > So in the language of the CFA priesthood, go > and > > diversify your sources of life satisfaction. :wink: great words of wisdom…bottom line is some are short sighted and some are not. Some have things riding on passing now and some don’t. Last year passing Level 2 meant a new job to me, but at the time I didn’t know it. I can look everyone in the eye and say that I studied my ass off for this test, pass or fail, and you can only do what you can do, and deal with the cards you are dealt I might suffer a setback obtaining this pain in the ass designation, but no one ever will call me a quitter, most importantly myself…good luck boys and girls and goodnight

I agree BB. bchad hit the nail on the head. one of the best, succinct posts in a while…