I feel cheated by the Cfa program

It’s a measure of how much information you can remember, the level of stoic calm you can maintain during 6 hours of real fun on a Saturday, and the amount of tradeoffs and personal sacrifices you are willing to make in the preparation leading up to it.

Even if someone can come up with a great model or thesis to why they should invest in something, if it turns out being wrong (especially really wrong) more times than right, no one should care honestly; yourself included.

Don’t have regret though. You’ve come this far and the finish line is near…

It wasn’t a sales workshop. It was more of if I am doing this to get a lighter sentence. This was actually before wolf of Wall Street. He was saying he hung out with Leonardo, I thought he was full of shit cuz at the time the dude was doin inception. Anyways 5 years later, he wasn’t such a liar anymore. He did the classic sell me this pen when I first met him. Anyways the trick to this question is actually not to talk about the pen but simply to ask questions about the person and have them talking about themselves. It’s kind of like when you’re talking to a woman, you don’t say u have really nice tits can I stuff myself? You say things like her how are you? Are you enjoying yourself? Do you come here often? Who are you with? Do you have a man in your life? Oh snap I’m single too! What a coincidence, must be fate. Then I start flexing.Haha Are you hungry? There’s a Denny’s nearby, we can take my Benz? Oh yea i guess it’s expensive for most people but not me cuz I’m a charterholder. oh you don’t know? It’s one of the hardest exams for finance workers. Its really hard for most people but not me cuz I went to UCLA. Oh yea i guess that place was tough but not me cuz I have a big brain, you know what they say about people with big brains right. No that’s not what I meant, get your mind out of the gutter. I wanted to imply that I have a big heart. And I want to make beautiful lovely children. Oh you are too. I’d normally offer you a drink to celebrate this coincidink but I’d like this to be consensual. Anyways the key is to have a conversation And get them taking about themselves, make a connection between themselves and the product you are trying to sell, then talk about what you are trying to sell.

CFAI should add LVL4 where they would just teach the in’s and outs of bottles&bitches life style since I haven’t seen any of it yet except a pretty damn sweet office set-up but that doesn’t count really.

Ps. Bollinger was on LVL1 technical analysis section.

According to your idea, shouldn’t Bollinger be on this new L4?

I give this forum maybe 35 minutes before someone starts talking about Nikes new ad.

Ps: thanks swan for your input. I know who’s homework I need to copy when it comes down to it.

CFA is not just passing 3 tests, it includes 4 yrs of relevant work experience. lol

ceo, the exams are just a base. they don’t hone critical thinking. they just teach you basic knowledge.

i basically read 30 analyst reports a day and then do my best to rip these reports to shreds. do this for 10 years and you will be thinking critically about everything. if you want to be a critical thinker, every day, from here on out, take one the most loved stocks and create a hypothesis about how everyone is wrong. and then say so.

if you want to copy people’s homework. just look up their 13-fs and most bought shares, or what they are holding.

cherry pick the stock pickers with the best perfromacne, longest track record, and lowest turnover.

sell side have opinion but no skin so they not as serious. buy side holdings have skin. so you know they will do what is best but maybe not say their opinion.

There is no way this is remotely accurate. Even if an analyst report is 10 pages long on average (many are are ~30p for a major company) you’re describing 300 pages a day in minimum base load before you even get to news flow, ad hoc work and market events. If you read 30 reports a day you don’t have time to rip anything “to shreds”. I get the general them of what you’re saying, but seems like a lot of inflation and hyperbole.

most reports are mostly notes to be fair, i just read to get a sense of what they think. i dont even bother to look at their projected financials unless it is stated in note and is a key number like ebitda/fcf/ne. when doing a deep dive. i’ll gor through a few of their best reports. initiation reports are great since they usually go through that 10-k with a quick summary. i like to look at the actualy financials and any guidance from the co itself.

typically you’ll find analyst summaries just by googling it. cnbc and seeking alpha will aggregate numerous report with key paragraphs. https://www.barrons.com/articles/baidu-stock-outlook-sales-forecasts-second-half-51558378161

Plus don’t forget you need to factor in 1-2 hours per day on AF representing like you’re the most genius analyst to ever have lived and who also lives the most exciting life.

It’s not a bad gig.

okay fine. many of the 30 reports are not 30 page initiation reports but 1-3 page updates but that doesn’t make it any less true. of course there is some hyperbole, this is the internet!

i never said i live the most exciting life…

Ok, I’m on board. Was worried I was a slower reader than I already thought I was.

It wasn’t really for you…

Hold on a minute!

Matt is secretly purealpha?

the ugly american world order is done. china world order already in place. trump doesn’t realize huawei has already infiltrated the five eyes network. CSI 300 going up 1000% next year. S&P going down 99%. i made a million percent returns yesterday, i forgot to post before making the trade.