I got a letter suspected cheating on CFA :( I cant believe this!!!

no one seem to ask the obvious question here, but did you cheat?

He already said he didn’t, just stretching his neck. I believe him because it wouldn’t make sense to cheat by looking at the person beside you (Less than 50% of the candidates pass, there might be different versions of the exam, etc.) This really sucks though. Even when/if you are found not guilty, it’s really discouraging to be accused of cheating on an exam of this caliber.

Btw, keep bumping this thread. I’d really like to know the outcome of this situation.

But I don’t think exam proctors can’t tell the difference between neck stretching and cheating? I mean

how not to strech in a 6 hrs exam man angry

best is to keep ur eyes closed when streching ?

there is a break in the middle.

Absolutely Not, I studied for years after working fulltime job everyday, like most of us I gave up my social life in order to pass this exam and it is my 2nd try; it would be stupid to cheat. I am not even sure the guy beside me studied at all so why I would be looking at his freaking paper! I think I gave them impression of cheating by and being nervous to be honest I was fidgeting due to stress and also the guy clicked his pen so much and shake his legs and that would grab my attention and I had occasional stretching.

My advice for all of you is that DON’T move during the exam, don’t look around and don’t stretch and if you wondering why the table is shaking and there is noise don’t dare to move your head because you will end up like me.

Based upon my research this investigation is going to take likely minimum 4 to 5 month, I will have to wait patiently but I don’t want to get my hopes up so I don’t get disappointed. My chances are 50/50.

As I said before I would be very disappointed if they void my exam and likely will not pursue CFA anymore. The only positive I will take from this is: I learnt a lot by studying this course, it just sucks that this happened to me.

Good luck to you all on the 22nd.

best of luck mate…what a bad way to start the year…but dont stop to prove your innocence with the cfai!

You say you think this investigation will take 4-5 months. Do you get a say within this time period? Such as going in front of a panel to explain your side of the story?

Or is it just they send you an email in 4-5 months to decide if you’re guilty or not?

I am really sorry to hear this story. I sincerely hope they give you your results and that you pass. You sound like a genuine person.

You can email them with your side of story but they don’t reply or anything, I am left wondering if they even got the email I sent them.

No they dont give you a chance to directly talk to them.

Thank you guys for the support. Good luck on 22nd.

I was also scared of them so just put down the paper 1 minute before the bell. No point taking any risks with such rules .

CFAI is probably stricter than any university in the world.

I hope u all guys get benefit of Doubt … if really seem u are innocent. Then

The third unpire decision in cricket gives favourable decision to Batsmen not a Bowler.

So u have a hope only if u are innocent.

But sometimes innocent people too end in jail. If it happens so fight back appear again exam

Good luck

n sorry I wish everything gets fine n positive

I guess you didn’t receive an email today then? Might be nice if they could indicate either way wrt your exam result, just so that you have a better position from which to view their investigation. You know, passed - hope for vindication, failed - who cares what they decide!

Sorry to hear dude. A head proctor caught someone with a ruler (wtf?) and the junior proctors tried defending her but ended up having to write a report. Not looking side to side for 6 hours killed my neck. Hope it works out for you

Bump

OP, any word on this?

Bump

OP, any word on this?

same here, put pencil down with 30 secs to go, and closed the test booklet.

this hell sucks…sory abt that mate…hope u will get good out of it :slight_smile: