I lost my wedding ring

Valores Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why would she care? It’s not hers. Why do women care about 99.9937% of the stupid cr@p they get all upset about?

So, howd it go down Crook/

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So, howd it go down Crook/ Yeah yeah - what happened?

I just told her drunk (I had to find courage, haha) yesterday while watching football. She’s upset, and since our anniversary is coming soon that added against my case. I hoped to have angry “you know”, but it didn’t happen. It seems she’s gonna be mad like a week. Tried a couple of jokes, but it was a bad move too.

Sheesh, it’s not really a big deal for her. Just a big deal (not even) for the wallett.

Hindsight being 20/20; it seems as though she wouldn’t have noticed if you would have quickly replaced the ring (which you have to do anyways) without telling her. Not that I’m a cheater, I’m not; but it seems the only reason to tell someone you cheated on them is if you actually want the relationship disolved. If you want the relationship to last, the best thing you can do, besides not cheating at all, is to not tell your SO.

I don’t know why is it a big deal… my wife would be upset i lost a valuable thing, but in reality it is just a token of commitment and doesn’t really add or subtract from commitment itself

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hindsight being 20/20; it seems as though she > wouldn’t have noticed if you would have quickly > replaced the ring (which you have to do anyways) > without telling her. > > Not that I’m a cheater, I’m not; but it seems the > only reason to tell someone you cheated on them is > if you actually want the relationship disolved. > If you want the relationship to last, the best > thing you can do, besides not cheating at all, is > to not tell your SO. This is a tough one - I can see why people would stand on either side (some people couldn’t live with the ‘guilt’, and would have to tell - I’m not in this camp where my concious would force it but would be compelled to tell, if anything out of sheer respect for the woman - I can also see the argument for not telling but would like to think I’d be on the other side of that ‘execution’).

On the cheating part, I would never tell my wife (I’m not cheating, and like jcole, pre-marriage stuff doesn’t count). She would probably take my kids 1000’s of miles away, I would lose my house and a significant amount of money. So I better not. I did lots of crazy things before but now I try to behave–it is hard though.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Valores Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Why would she care? It’s not hers. > > > Why do women care about 99.9937% of the stupid > cr@p they get all upset about? Not all women give a cr@p about BS. BS in this case is all material, whatever it is. All material is easily replaceable. The ring is nothing, you could burn your house, and that would be much worse from the financial point of you. The ring is even not a necessity. I think a normal woman would say she is sorry it happened to you, but it doesn’t matter, don’t worry be happy. Not that I say your wife is not normal, she is just manipulative. Now you will have to reimburse her for the trouble, while it should be vice versa. She should console you, because it’s you who lost the ring, not her. Instead she’s getting the point, and now you owe her more attention, a dinner, etc, so that she’s not mad. Crazy.

Sorry, “she’s getting the point”. I wanted to say, “she has scored” as in soccer, she gained a score, you lost. Evidently, you lost twice, your investment in the ring, and another power “game” in marriage Where is SheFA, I am sure she would agree with me.

Inner Evil Voice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just told her drunk (I had to find courage, > haha) yesterday while watching football. > She’s upset, and since our anniversary is coming > soon that added against my case. I hoped to have > angry “you know”, but it didn’t happen. It seems > she’s gonna be mad like a week. Tried a couple of > jokes, but it was a bad move too. Newbie. So you told her drunk watching football while cracking jokes…uhhh. See my genius prior post, you just sent like a trifecta of symbols to her all at once that you couldn’t care less, and are basically a jacka$$, I expect it will be awhile before she calms down. Chicks can stay mad about a thing like that for YEARS dood.

Purealpha, Wow, I will ask my female friends if they would stay mad for years for that. They forgive even cheating in a matter of days, if they want to. If they don’t want, who cares. In the countries where I have lived nobody would care.

Are you talking about the USA? I knew a guy who said some little thing and ten years later his wife still bitches about it every week. Outside the USA, yeah people are more normal.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Newbie. > > So you told her drunk watching football while > cracking jokes…uhhh. > > See my genius prior post, you just sent like a > trifecta of symbols to her all at once that you > couldn’t care less, and are basically a jacka$$, I > expect it will be awhile before she calms down. > Chicks can stay mad about a thing like that for > YEARS dood. Yeah, actually I couldn’t care less about the stupid ring, and she knows it. Yesterday I turned into a positive though. We’re going to buy a replacement together this weekend, “like when we were engaged, remember?”–I told her. She smiled. Besides, since she knows I’m a MoFo anyway, so her expectations are low, hahaha.

Great move: ‘like when we were engaged, remember?’ You’re going to get that princess-cut-pu$$y now guy - well played.