I may have stumbled into a CPA CFA Combo...

vermont or deleware have super-relaxed CPA requirements. However, there is a course set that you have to take. I plan on just passing the exams and not seek licensure. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sternwolf you are moth**Fu**** awesome! Thank you for the “vermont or deleware” reply. I passed CPA exam long time ago, But I could not get the license because I work in for corporate accounting and have 128 credit hours. I think delaware did not require Audit hour nor Work experience. that is fu**** great.

I will study for the CPA exam (using Schweser, etc.) and pass them simply for the sake of the knowledge. I don’t need another designation/degree for professional reasons, but filling up gaps in my knowledge base is always a good thing.

I am just taking CPA to impress other people, specifically my CFO. He is always giving me jewish guilt "I am sure CFA is good, it probably prepares you for CPA. Have you maybe thought of taking it? And how difficult is it to pick up the phone and call once in a while? [Last part may have actually been my grandma] If you want to take it for personal development, cash count summaries and bank reconciliations are awesome and so analytical. Where else can you analyze all day where $.02 go? I always wanted to be a bookkeeper and wear one of those suits with elbow reinforcements. Unfortunately, in corp finance, CPA is a union card. If you are not in corp fin, don’t bother with it. When you try to sell penny stocks to old ladies, nobody cares if you are a bookkeeper.

I agree, if you arent in or looking to be in Corp Fin or TS or some other job where CPA makes sense, I wouldnt waste the time and money. I say the same for CFA as well, I would only work towards it if you think it can help advance your career. Otherwise, you can always read/study material if you just want to learn. I have a CPA and will take level II CFA in June, but my purpose is to open a few other doors (A few of those opportunities I know would be open from conversations) even though I may never need it. Also, my experience wont count towards CFA in my current role since they dont count part-time work (I have part-time work that would count, but since it is part-time it wont), so I wont have the designation without switching positions, which impacts as well. I just think unless you have some plan where CPA helps you professionally, even if only a possibility, there are better uses of your time (start your own business, learn a language, etc).

lsu online 250 per course, aacsb accredited NY state acctg board accepts it