I witnessed a complete moron in action..and it made me uncomfortable..

lol @ rubber. I was wondering why he needed a condom for the exam. Maybe he knew what was about to happen to him.

classic!!

Oldest joke in the book… would that even work with CFA? I know when I handed both sections in, they took it and wrote down a little thing by my name on the sign in sheet. So if you’re exam is in the stack and but not reported as submitted that can’t end pretty… But then again I don’t know how they record them after time is up as I submitted boht sections early.

You totally missed the point. The main point is, they decided to share it.

This is the most hilarious post I’ve seen on AF thus far! Wow!!! The proctors at my location would have had none of that. They were super strict and were looking at people’s passports and then calling over other proctors to discuss the passport like they were immigration officers at the airport or something! LOL!!!

I was in the front row of desks, right across from the table with two very cute proctors sitting there. I blame them if I fail… Seriously spent a good chunk of time trying to think of a way to meet them only to hightail it out of there as soon as I finished.

But are they charterholders or what? Half the people helping out couldn’t have been a day past 22, no way they had a charter.

No, they’re probably not. Not to say that a charterholder can’t proctor the exam. They are there to make sure the exam goes smoothly.

At the big exam centres there are Charterholders supervising, but at smaller test centers they pay people to be proctors. One of them did chat me or another candidate up and ask us why we’d would want to go through the whole process, ie the six hour exam on a Saturday.

In my exam there was a guy wearing a brown leather suit, I had never seen one of those in my life. He looked Arabic, it may be a more common in the Middle East.

too bad that post is a total fake.

the proctors that work there are vastly NOT charterholders. Hell, actually maybe one day I’ll be a proctor just to be on the other end of the testing part without the studying /anxiety/worry. I wonder if CFAI will assign more weight to any violation reports I write since I am a charterholder myself

Why? Did he give him the HP in RPN mode? :slight_smile:

Nothing major happened in my section, but I did see a proctor not letting a girl (who was in tears) write the exam because her passport information didn’t match her ticket… it was pretty sad to see… :frowning:

^ not sure why people still screw that up. They send multiple reminder emails that the name must match exactly.

Why spend 300 hours+ studying and not spend 30 seconds checking your passport info?

Agreed … I have zero sympathy for this person

Didn’t let her take the exam? What I have seen is that they ask you to fill out a form with the correct details. I guess this is to cater for some minor differences. The person I saw had a different expiration date

Yep, complete rookie mistake. Kind of ironic especially because CFA is all about details.

Taken from a bollywood flick "3 Idiots’ starring Aamir Khan?

it’s a commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA4aRrbKsH0

I also had a guy borrow a calculator from me–in the Level 2 section. How do you get past Level 1 and not know what calculator to use?