Iced at the workplace

-500 points per the rules posted on the last thread on icing. Don’t have the link handy but I believe this is a good summary; in the workplace points have a positive linear log correlation with points the further you go up the ladder and a negative log linear the further you go down the ladder.

OHAI, that is disgusting. I wear contacts and have the worst vision imaginable (genetics + years at a computer screen) and can’t even begin to imagine doing that. Even if there’s no risk of damage to your eye, that’s gotta sting like a sonofab%&*^.

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > OHAI, that is disgusting. I wear contacts and > have the worst vision imaginable (genetics + years > at a computer screen) and can’t even begin to > imagine doing that. Even if there’s no risk of > damage to your eye, that’s gotta sting like a > sonofab%&*^. dude - LASIK - one of the smartest things i’ve ever done.

Smiley- Unfortunately, conventional LASIK is not an option for me due to my eyesight specifics. Evidently, my vision and eyeball specifics mean that I’d be eligible for PRK or some of the surgery methods, like a permanent lens put inside my eye (forget what that method is called). The downsides of these alternate routes sound pretty scary to me. Firstly, it’s not a “same-day” procedure. For both of them, it’s painful and usually means a week off work, at home in the dark, to recover. Depending on the surgery, it may mean multiple trips to the doctor. Secondly, the procedure runs slightly higher risks. Obviously, risks exist with LASIK (and everything else in life…), but based on large sample sizes, PRK and the other one are a little more dicey. I’ll keep using contacts and wait. LASIK gets better every year, and supposedly the range of candidates they can take gets wider as the tech improves. If you are ever at a CFA convention and see a dude trying to ICE a cardboard cutout, you’ll know my vision has deteriorated.