If you could buy a sports franchise in any league...

These numbers are what ownership puts forward, because of the union and collective bargaining, Just like baseball, where every team claims to be losing money. That $40M EBITDA is just gate receipts, parking, venue ads, maybe naming rights, and venue concessions. What’s ignored is TV revenue, non venue merchandising, international rights distribution, NBA website revenues, and maybe naming rights. If you think it’s illiquid, just watch what happens with OKC goes up for bid this year and some Seattle tech tycoon brings them back.

Ferrari F1.

Just cuz.

Nailed it. Nobody buys a sports team to make money, it’s a just a plaything. I think the only big football team that ever makes any money is Arsenal. Although I’m sure that Mike Ashley has somehow milked some cash out of Newcastle too.

what i dont understand is how these people are able to lever the shit out of it. what kind of bank finances shit like this.

I remember this interview with Shaq a few years back. Interviewer asked why he has so many side hustles – promo stuff. He said cuz he wants to be rich. The interviewer said, but you’re already rich, and his reply was that he’s wealthy, the owner, now he’s rich.

LA Rams. Going to have the best stadium in the NFL in a year from now. Large market, insanely talented team, head coach who is probably the next bellichek (minus all the cheating, ie taping other teams practice before Super Bowl, taking air out of footballs. Smh)

Chess.

For all you guys who said NFL, these last two playoff games, both with very controversial officiating affecting the outcome…feel free to change your answer. We’ve already seen peak NFL .

lol

I heard the Seahawks are for sale.