Im about to sign up with Kaplan but Im seeing Marcs name a lot for people who sat L3....advise

I used IFT for all 3 levels. For L3 he goes through past 5 years AM questions. It gave me a decent idea of what to write and how much to write. I also purchased MM mock mainly to watch the mock exam marked by Bill Campbell.

Hi Marc…these accounts for candidates with 3 recent posts all pushing one provider from someone who took level 3 three times are fishy.

Kaplan is getting progressively worse with each level, and while it is OK for level 1 and 2, but NOT for level 3. It is just not the same breadth and depth as in CFAI material, and misses a lot of the points. Kaplan QBank and mocks for level 3 are a waste of time!!!

If you are serious about passing, use CFAI material, start early (November or December) to have enough time for practice and actually absorption of material, you will thank yourself for doing that. You may use Kaplan as a reference, but not the single source.

I made a mistake by using Kaplan books and finished them by April. Then I went to Marc’s LevelUp Bootcamp in NYC and after finishing it I had 2 realizations: (1) I will never use Kaplan material again, (2) Thanks god I attended this bootcamp, now I know how to win this war.

Remember, average level 3 exam taker has failed at least once, understands what it takes, and the competition is fierce. You need to get ahead of the game.

I worked very hard, I followed Marc’s advice, and I passed. Highly recommend his bootcamp.

Amazing how money is not an issue for many.

I used both Marc/LevelUp and Mark Meldrum. My advice: save yourself some money and go with Mark. If you don’t care about money still get Mark and donate the difference to some charity.

Honestly it all depends. You’ve gotten this far; I’ll assume you know your study style best. Next question, how much are you willing to spend? Where are you located (if you’re gonna do bootcamp and you happen to live away from one, hotel/flight/gas cost need to be taken into account)? Another thing… do you consider yourself a generally good test taker? If so, it may be easier for you to familiarize yourself w the exam format.

The consensus here on AF is clear… get used to and do lots of mocks, and understand the material thoroughly. Also dont skip anything esp gips and amc; they could make or break you.

remember… you only need to be better than half of the exam takers (lol i used logic to motivate myself, and it lightened the load)

@sarang

I am in Dubai, there is no bootcamp availbale near me & I dont think i will be able to travel to one. So do you think it is a waste to do marcs videos without finishing it up with the bootcamp?

Again, since this is the first time i hear about marc, (bear with me) is the bootcamp only accessible in person? So there is no live/videos for it. ?

My advice: Skip it. Huge waste of money. LevelUp bootcamp will not help you and there is a lot of suspicious marketing in this platform about the bootcamp. I attended the bootcamp and many people were very disappointed as well. He does not teach everything new and he does not even people to ask questions. The only value added come from his methodology to solve for IPS questions, which is now gone from the Curriculum. Save this money for yourself, or choose another provided. I was extremely happy with him; this guy is an absolute genious and the premium package is affordable. Some people are not very happy with his english accent, but there is consensus that he is extremely knowledgeable and very good in transferring his knowledge.

I did not use Marc’s videos so i cannot make any comment about it. i’ve seen people here who likes his video & teaching style. Bootcamp is essentially a full review of all materials + the glorified IPS class. I believe bootcamp’s only accessible in person.

Go see Marc @ Levelup…I used his material and passed.