I'm back! Finally got a job and have a question

Wouldnt a CFA be useful for CFO in order to understand the value of mergers and acquisitions, what investors are looking, capital structure in relation to risk, and stock issuance?

thats awesome man, congrats

Now spend less time here and kill it at your job.

thank you

haha ok. but what about professional designations?

and it seems like BSDs like itera can still post here and have time to make moves that shift the market on a daily basis

Does CPA = Chartered Professional Accountant or Certified Public Accountant? Is it different in the US?

They are transferable pretty much so consider them the same. CA now equals CPA equals CPA.

That’s because he doesn’t waste his time chasing letters.

Itera is a CFA charterholder tho

Being considered a BSD on an internet forum =/= being a BSD in real life.

I think you posted something similar when he first showed up.

Congrats to you Art! CPA will garner you some respect, but it’ll take work to complete.

^ especially considering I dont have enough accounting hours for it

CPA is solid if you can figure out how to get it with the hours and required work and all that. You should message me what company you’re working for.

When I did my FP&A rotational program CPA was the designation that seemed to be the most common. One kid in my program was doing CFA but wasn’t sure if he would qualify for work experience.

Never heard of any other designation people had unless they were in internal audit and had some audit designations.

How do you view consulting from one of the Big Four? How are they viewed in comparison to the traditional consulting firms?

I’m going to demand a royalty kick back for AF. Didn’t we crowd source improve your resume? Or am I thinking the wrong guy

^ You’ve got the right guy.

Thanks, Cory. Again, thanks for all that you did to try to help me out. I never ended up hearing back from Comcast after they said they would send it to HR, but that’s how those things usually go. I certainly appreciate your attempt and being kind enough to reach out to little ol me.Ill send you a message about it. I havent updated it on linkedin since I havent actually started work.

Yeah, i am kind of concerned as to if my work experience will qualify for the CFA as well because it seems to be more geared towards accounting than finance early on. Does anyone know if accounting qualifies for the CFA? I assume at least some forms of it do. Nonetheless, i have no doubt that I eventually will be in a position that fully qualifies for the CFA so worst case scenario, i will have to sit with “passed all 3 levels” instead of “CFA” for a couple of years, which isnt that bad.

I’d like to hear Itera’s thoughts as well on this

Yep, you two are right. However, none of the comments actually helped with this job, as i had already sent this resume away before anyone helped :wink:

But seriously though, guys. A lot of the people on here have been negative and whatnot towards me, but to those that tried to be helpful and positive, I truly appreciate it and hope I can pay it back by being helpful to some of you. Thank you all