Impeachment Thread

Why is everyone so sure that Trump wins no matter what from this? I can see a scenario where the evidence is damning and the Rebs acquit anyway, which outrages the dems to record turnout. Are you all extrapolating the Clinton scenario?

Dems are already outraged. They’re going to turn up on election day anyway. Their best hope for victory is fringe Trump supporters staying home. Going after him in this fashion will only anger them and fire up Trump’s base. This is why Pelosi didn’t want to pursue impeachment. It’s a stupid move made by jr congressmen who don’t know how to play the game like Pelosi does. Now they forced her hand and are almost certain to end up helping Trump get reelected.

I thought they would have turned up in 2016 then…or was that an HRC specific thing? Who knows. Maybe it is an easier strategy to campaign voting Trump out of office than on voting XYZ dem candidate into office with the cast of characters they currently have lined up in the primaries.

I just don’t think it is cut and dry.

As opposed to Trump’s base who haven’t been attending rallies and chanting ‘lock her up’ against AOC/HRC for the past few years? Trump has a 90+% approval rating among republicans – he doesn’t have much more room to grow within his base. Both bases are going to turn up, both bases are already outraged. Impeachment isn’t going to impact either base - but rather those who don’t follow politics.

this is all about suburban women and moderates. i dont thi8nk i would bet against pelosi but who knows

Exactly. Those are the people that either didn’t vote last election or voted for Trump. That shouldn’t happen this time around unless the Dems really mess up their gameplan…again.

When Trump comes through unscathed, unimpeached, you know he’s going to tout this win like nothing you’ve ever seen!

So, I guess this happened:

The White House accidentally emailed its Ukraine talking points to Nancy Pelosi

They actually sent a recall email, which is also screenshotted. Do you think this could be a career limiting move for anyone?

hmmm… not sure if 4-D chess or not

Haley Byrd ‏Verified account @ byrdinator

From my colleague @ AishvaryaKavi: Ben Sasse, after leaving Senate SCIF, said “Republicans ought not to be rushing to circle the wagons and say there’s no there there when there’s obviously a lot that’s very troubling there.”

And, now this:

Trump encourages questions to Pence about his own Ukraine calls

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/25/trump-pence-ukraine-phone-calls-1512771

Could it be that Pence was the whistleblower? Psyche.

Off topic - Where can we see more of Haley Byrd?

Read most of the transcript. It’s really not surprising to me – I basically assume Trump acts like that at every turn. What really jumped out at me though was how bad Barr and Giuliani look. I mean these are distinguished people who are basically throwing their legacies away for DJT? Never understood the kind of effect this guy has on some people.

After reading everything, this is a really risky strategy by the dems. They HAVE to impeach him now, like oust him officially. That’s what they’ve lead their base to believe they will do. If they don’t, there is no amount of fake news that will bury the fact they didn’t carry through.