IN SHOCK - FAILED 2 TIMES BAND 7 - NEED ADVICE

I took the 3-days Schweser seminar with Andrew Spieler in Los Angeles. Very helpful in organizing everything I studied. He gave tips on easier ways to solve problems and what to focus on and what not to. For instance his quick diagrams connecting deltas and gammas was worth couple quick questions on the exam. Another huge help is the sample exam book and study slides. Although it’s also Schweser printed it’s vastly different from 2 volume mock exam books. It’s organized by topic and comprehensive where the 2 volumn mock exam is random and you may not see a question on all the important topics unless you cover all 6 exams. After the seminar and studying the notes and sample exam questions the 2 volumn mock was very easy going through each section in about 1 1/2 hours with > 90% passing. I feel the 2 volumn mock exam is much easier than the actual exam. First time I took level 2 I was struggling with time but this time I had an hour to spare in the morning and 1/2 hour to spare in the afternoon.

Initially I was skeptical of the seminar and what it would offer more than the 300 hours I already spent studing but afterwards realized it was VERY helpful. Consider it for next year. I don’t know if the class is the same with other instructors as well so I can only comment on Andrew. He was very good and efficient in moving through all the important topics within 3 days.

I’m definitly doing the seminar again for level 3. If you’re choosing between the seminar and the Schweser study books I’d choose the seminar and do the problems from CFAI books.